Pokemon movie 12: Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Aired today on CN. Overall, I thought it was pretty good...well, as good as any of these "new" pokemon movies get. (Not even compitition to classics) The only thing that majorly bugged me was the voice of Arceus. What were they thinking? He sounded like some squeky old grandma yelling at her daughter. I think the voice of Damos would've fit much better. And they didn't even need Team Rocket in this one.

So, what do you guys think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never saw this advertised on CN. And I watch it a lot. So obviously I didn't watch this.

Pokemon Anime has pretty much sucked since Sinnoh. The games since Hoenn. Hoenn Anime was ok.

But anyways, Arceus is retarded. He's the worst idea ever. The God of Pokemon? I smell religious people flaming them. And really? This kinda.....having a movie with the Ultimate Pokemon, kinda seems like it would end Pokemon.

I prefer Pokemon: The First Movie.

I never saw this advertised on CN. And I watch it a lot. So obviously I didn't watch this.

Pokemon Anime has pretty much sucked since Sinnoh. The games since Hoenn. Hoenn Anime was ok.

But anyways' date=' Arceus is retarded. He's the worst idea ever. The God of Pokemon? I smell religious people flaming them. And really? This kinda.....having a movie with the Ultimate Pokemon, kinda seems like it would end Pokemon.

[/quote']

Really? I've seen the commercial atleast 12 times since yesterday. Ya, I think everything after the 4th movie was garbage.....especially the whole triligy thing.(this one was surprisingly less horrible from the others though.) Hope the gold and silver remakes are good

Mew and Mewtwo were orginally the "ultimate" pokemonz.

I agree on the Arceus voice deal' date=' I stopped watching after he kept saying 'Justice' over and over again whenever he attacked.

As for team Rocket, they're stupid and never needed, however the pokemon franchise has made them a recurring joke, because they are in every single episode.

Yeah... I hate Pokemon Anime. Or at least anything after the 12th episode or so.

But I got the Arceus event from Toys R Us. ;D

I used an AR and didn't have to leave my house ;D

Ok' date=' so it was reported....should I have put it in anime?

[/quote']

Yes, that's why I reported it.

I dropped Pokemon ages ago, but I was a bit interested in this film trilogy. However, sounds like they f***ed up on the God's voice.

Yes! Thats very true! I think they used a british guy No offense! but the voice was just not rite.

On another note, I hate how they just chance upon these things now. In the first three movies, they had motive to go to the places.

ex. First movie they were invited by Mewtwo, but now, they just walk into all of this crazy pokemon war and stuff, lucky mofos

They at least can't funk up the rules as they can in Yu-Gi-Oh, lol.

Anyway, I have seen almost all the movies, except the one with Jirachi, Latios and Latias and the Pokemon Ranger movie so I am pretty excited to see this one soon too. To bad it will never land in the cinemas in the Netherlands.

I really hope they took some good VA`s this time.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Arceus himself was a stroke of genius.

The movie would involve Arceus being defeated.

No, thank you.

Incidentally, basically every legendary Pokémon in the series is in this movie (including the Mew and Mewtwo the idiots with nostalgia filters worship), so it could very well serve as a grand finale were the series not bound to continue.

They at least can't f*** up the rules as they can in Yu-Gi-Oh' date=' lol.

Anyway, I have seen almost all the movies, except the one with Jirachi, Latios and Latias and the Pokemon Ranger movie so I am pretty excited to see this one soon too. To bad it will never land in the cinemas in the Netherlands.

I really hope they took some good VA`s this time.

[/quote']

Don't hold your breathe

I must say this.

I hate Arceus' date=' Arceus sucks my p*nis.

Pokemon God? I mean WTF?!

[/quote']

The idea isn't that preposterous. Yggdrasil and Fanglongmon come to mind. Or, if we're including Mohiro Kitoh the Bleak, Earth itself.

But anyways' date=' Arceus is retarded. He's the worst idea ever. The God of Pokemon? I smell religious people flaming them. And really? This kinda.....having a movie with the Ultimate Pokemon, kinda seems like it would end Pokemon.

[/quote']The games haven't changed AT ALL. They can't possibly have gotten worse.

Also, hating something because fundy loons might dislike it is like hating something for having eukaryotic cells.

I thought you hated Pokémon?

Really? I've seen the commercial atleast 12 times since yesterday. Ya, I think everything after the 4th movie was garbage.....especially the whole triligy thing.(this one was surprisingly less horrible from the others though.) Hope the gold and silver remakes are good

Destiny Deoxys comes to mind.

Mew and Mewtwo were orginally the "ultimate" pokemonz.

I agree on the Arceus voice deal' date=' I stopped watching after he kept saying 'Justice' over and over again whenever he attacked.

As for team Rocket, they're stupid and never needed, however the pokemon franchise has made them a recurring joke, because they are in every single episode.

Yeah... I hate Pokemon Anime. Or at least anything after the 12th episode or so.

But I got the Arceus event from Toys R Us. ;D

I used an AR and didn't have to leave my house ;D

*cough*NostalgiaFilter*cough*

DaRK is the only person here who's doing it right.

They at least can't f*** up the rules as they can in Yu-Gi-Oh' date=' lol.

[/quote']The first battle against Brock (in your sacred first season!) comes to mind.

Yes it goes in anime because the movie was anime' date='i see no reason why it was reported but oh well xD.And I dont like new pokemon.I stopped liking it after the original ended...

[/quote']*cough*NostalgiaFilter*cough*

Nostalgia Filter is stupid don't use it.

The Anime was good untill he left everything except Pikachu at Oak's.

The anime was good until about episode twelve. Hasn't really changed since then.

So I decided to watch the full movie on the tube.

At first I was disappointed at Arceus voice, but when I got used to it I thought it fitted him perfectly, and he did actually only say "Justice" while attacking about 2-3 times.

The most disappointing point was they didn't treat Heatran as a legendary, that would've been awesome.

Guest Merciful Idiot

Watched the movie yesterday.

Why does Arceus sound evil EVEN when he's calm and good?

Why couldn't they have given Arceus a more 'God-Like' voice?

Arceus' voice seemed to fit to me. I thought the movie was ok. I thought they'd do a little more with Heatran considering it is a legendary. I also thought it'd be a little bigger than that.

I don't like the fact that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all got owned like that. Both Spacial Rend and Roar of time are Dragon moves by the way so why weren't those used. However I did like the fact that I got to see Giratina's Shadow Force. Also Judgement is awesome period.

Overall they made Arceus OPED to the extreme when it came to that battle. Just the way the "God" of all pokemon should be.

Archived