Fate/Stay Night.

Marly

Watched 3-4 episodes of this, it's pretty awesome. =D It also inspired the 'People die when they are killed' quote. xD

[spoiler=Short summary of what I've seen so far, contains spoilers for episode 2.]

So there's this guy, Shiro, who can reinforce metal because his dad was a mage. But that's about all he can do. He starts lusting over some girl at his school, Rin, who turns out to be a 'master'. There are 7 masters, and they have control over their servants (which are awesome spirit fighting things) until they run out of commands. Rin saves him from another servant, and Shiro accidentally summons an especially powerful servant, Saber, despite having no idea what he's doing. So Saber tries to attack the girl, Shiro says stop, and Rin repays him by taking him to her father, the representer of the Wars. Turns out there's this full-blown war between the masters, and whoever wins gets the Holy Grail and gets 1 of their wishes granted. To win, you have to be the last master standing.

I hoped that piqued your interest a bit, I'm pretty bad at summaries. Sorry.

So has anyone else seen it? =o

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is a manga sequel to it called Fate/Stay Zero or something like that >.<

Do you know who Archer really is?

Yes' date=' but that's spoiler. PM me and I'll tell you. About that sequal err..it's backwards.

Fate/Stay Zero is a prequel of the 4th Grail war. It shines alot of backstory on the plot, however it is a small novel and you can find it translated somewhere on the internet.

===

For all animes I recommend checking out the Visual Novel because it really expands on the anime(not much they can do when they had 3 arcs and 26 episodes, so they only incorporated one arc. Or they should of)

Fate/Stay Night visual novel consist of

Fate/Stay Night (what the anime is based on)

Fate/Unlimited Blade Works (If Archer was never injured in the beginning and became a more important role in the story and it revolves around Shirou, Archer, and Rin)

Fate/Heavens Feel (Deals with Sakura and the Holy Grail)

Saw the whole series. I <3 it. I really want to get my hands on the novels.

Oh, and we all know who Archer really is. -tries to hide spoiler-

Do you? If you PM me I can send it to you. I have it translated, patched, and with voices :3.

((also if it wasn't obvious, yes I am a huge Type Moon nerd sorry =V))

Unlimited Blade Works sounds like the most awesome route and Archer is obviously the most awesome character, so I'm disappointed that the anime just has us following Fate.

Also, I didn't know that guy was Rin's father. Really, he is?

Anyhow, Archer's identity isn't really a spoiler for the anime, since it never becomes important (or is even revealed).

Saw the whole series. I <3 it. I really want to get my hands on the novels.

Oh' date=' and we all know who Archer really is. -tries to hide spoiler-

[/quote']

Do you? If you PM me I can send it to you. I have it translated, patched, and with voices :3.

((also if it wasn't obvious, yes I am a huge Type Moon nerd sorry =V))

That would be awesome. :3

Unlimited Blade Works sounds like the most awesome route and Archer is obviously the most awesome character' date=' so I'm disappointed that the anime just has us following Fate.

[/quote']

1. Yes.

2. Who now?

Unlimited Blade Works sounds like the most awesome route and Archer is obviously the most awesome character' date=' so I'm disappointed that the anime just has us following Fate.

Anyhow, Archer's identity isn't really a spoiler for the anime, since it never becomes important (or is even revealed).

[/quote']

well it would kinda be hard considering they both end differently. Maybe if they make a new series or an OVA.

The topic creator said that the priest guy running the war was Rin's father. That doesn't sound right to me.

No, the priest is not her father, she just treats him as her father/caretaker. However her father does play an important role in the other routes.

well it would kinda be hard considering they both end differently. Maybe if they make a new series or an OVA.

They could have ditched Fate and just adapted UBW. Or they could have gone the Higurashi route and done them in sequence.

Also who is Rin's father? (disregard spoiler) No' date=' the priest is not her father. However her father does play an important role in the other routes.

[/quote']

Wait, that's her father that's important in the other routes? I thought that was Shinji's father.

Wait... Didn't that priest guy kill Lancer's Master?

I haven't seen this series in a while. >_>;

now I'm confusing myself [spoiler=small]because I am mixing up all the routes and I dunno exactly which one you are talking about :s

but yes' date=' Lancer master disowned Lancer so Kirei(priest) decided to take in lancer. [spoiler=medium']However the original master is still alive, her name Bazett and she thought Lancer was weak so she disowned him. She is still alive, but not really shown(only mentioned) until Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

[spoiler=medium]However the original master is still alive' date=' her name Bazett and she thought Lancer was weak so she disowned him. She is still alive, but not really shown(only mentioned) until Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

[/quote']

I haven't read the VN, but in the anime it says that Lancer's original master was killed. Also, isn't Fate/hollow atraxia a dream world that doesn't really exist?

[spoiler=medium]However the original master is still alive' date=' her name Bazett and she thought Lancer was weak so she disowned him. She is still alive, but not really shown(only mentioned) until Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

[/quote']

I haven't read the VN, but in the anime it says that Lancer's original master was killed. Also, isn't Fate/hollow atraxia a dream world that doesn't really exist?

Thisthisthisthis

Yeah, in the anime, lancer's original master was killed. Priest guy killed her I believe.

[/quote']

[spoiler=Hollow Ataraxia]Sorta, Hollow Ataraxia is about the hidden 8th(or 9th servant) named "Avenger." The Avenger's special ability is to 'avenge' their master by turning everyones lives in a time loop and the only one that is suppose to be aware is Bazett(his master). Of course, Bazett takes this opportunity to try to win the grail war even thought she doesn't have Lancer. She takes about 8 loops but finally wins, but the time loop still happens when she realized even if she wins the time loop will happen. Which is why Avenger is a broken servant.

As for the cast, they try to live there 3 days over and over(and you get the experience some cool and funny events. Teacher saber to swim~ :3) as the time loops happen your characters start to realize there's a timeloop etc..

So without being said [spoiler=medium]He probably said she was dead for convenience sake(if he did, I forgot.) Cause remember, Lancer did attack Shirou, if he were to say "Yes I currently am Lancer's master" will kinda make Shirou become suspicious.

but Bazett is still alive, she just backed out of the holy grail war.

EDIT: I'm out Period 1 finished in my school, I'll be back in a couple of hours.

Guest Merciful Idiot

Saw it all. Read the novels.

And....

[spoiler=COMPLETE SPOILER OF ARCHER'S IDENTITY! DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU KNOW.]

He's Shiro from the future!

[spoiler=MORE COMPLETE SPOILER OF ARCHER'S IDENTITY]He's Shirou from the future who became a supreme hero of everything but got backstabbed by everyone and ended up in a cosmic position as the hero of the universe that exists outside of time and has come back to this Holy Grail War to screw with his younger self's head and prevent Shirou from ever becoming Archer, thus causing a time paradox that would make Archer cease to exist which he apparently wants because otherwise he'll be stuck forever as this cosmic hero thing.

That came so close to making sense.

[spoiler=MORE COMPLETE SPOILER OF ARCHER'S IDENTITY]He's Shirou from the future who became a supreme hero of everything but got backstabbed by everyone and ended up in a cosmic position as the hero of the universe that exists outside of time and has come back to this Holy Grail War to screw with his younger self's head and prevent Shirou from ever becoming Archer' date=' thus causing a time paradox that would make Archer cease to exist which he apparently wants because otherwise he'll be stuck forever as this cosmic hero thing.

[/quote']

So, he's emo? Dx

-shot'd-

[spoiler=MORE COMPLETE SPOILER OF ARCHER'S IDENTITY]He's Shirou from the future who became a supreme hero of everything but got backstabbed by everyone and ended up in a cosmic position as the hero of the universe that exists outside of time and has come back to this Holy Grail War to screw with his younger self's head and prevent Shirou from ever becoming Archer' date=' thus causing a time paradox that would make Archer cease to exist which he apparently wants because otherwise he'll be stuck forever as this cosmic hero thing.

[/quote']

So, he's emo? Dx

-shot'd-

HOW DARE YOU! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW DEEP THAT IS AND I SHOULD SHOOT YOU FOR IT *shoots*

lol, joking aside, basically. Yeah that's basically what happened, I would kinda hate it too if I was in his position, but would of never thought of you know killing Shirou :V.

Archived