Death Note

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Light. Freaking. Yagami. For. The. Win.

Raito is my favorite character. To me' date=' he does represent justice. To me, he does represent freedom. I wish he didn't die and that he succeeded, because the world does need order. It truly has lost it's way, and Light, IF he was real, wouldv'e been it's only hope...Sure he loses his mind. So? At least no wrong woudl've been commited for a long time. No more wars...just forced peace. What's wrong with that? It's not like humanity will accept peace, so some one needs to find a way to bring it about, whether it be forced or not.

[/quote']

You may need therapy.

Whether through war or the Death Note, people still die. And I definitely think it's better to be free to fight for what you believe in than to be forced to operate under the maxims of a deranged god who kills with pen and paper.

I think the coolest character from all the show was Mello' date=' if you ignore the fact that he killed most of Near's team. He was really a cool smart guy that knew how to use his social skills to become the leader of a criminal group. I mean, he is not like Light, that did everything the easy way, simply writing names in a note found randomly on the ground. Mello really worked hard, even to get the note. And he was not really a murderer, he was just pissed off by Near. I would also be pissed off by that guy...

[/quote']

Social skills like blackmail, threats, and murder.

Hitler was not really a murderer, he was just pissed off by Jews. I would also be pissed off by those guys...

Light cheats with the Death Note. Although the Pen is mightier than the sword.

Mello just would do anything to surpass Near, what was worse was Mello studied his ass for the tests, Near didn't and still beat him. For Mello beating Near is probably life dedication to be honest he probably idolized L more than Near ever did. His methods show his pure desire to put Near back in his place and avenge L's death. I'm not saying what Mello did was right, but without his actions Near never would ever managed to get Light like he did. So Mello's personality although explosive, reckless and very hard headed was just opposite enough to really shake things up enough for Light's Pawns to screw up.

Not to the extent of Beyond Birthday's desire to defeat L, where Beyond was willing to set fire to himself and kill himself just to prove he was better than L. (He wouldn't have attempted the plan if he could just see his own numbers rather than just everyone elses')

I take it no one has read Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases

Well...I am a bit crazy...*Smiles*

Sorry, I'm just making excuses for Light. He's still my favorite character. I just wish that the world hadn't lost it's way...that there was no war. No conflict. Everything was in harmony...but you are right. People can not live that way. It's just not human. I understand that no one would want to live in fear, however, that does not change my view of the corrupt and cold-hearted (if they even have a heart) people of the past, present and future. But that does not mean everyone is that way...I just wish for peace...around the world...

DFD would people like to really be constantly watching their backs so they do nothing wrong' date=' I don't think humanity can live that way.

[/quote']

Ok how in the hell did you come to the conclusion that Mello isn't a murderer????If you take some ones life[not self defense] then you are a murderer.Light was epic and he was also a murderer.He did the wrong thing for the right reasons.

Its hinted that Mello is a murderer, I see that as how he got to where he did in the Mafia a fact that's hinted by the reassurances of trusting in Mello. I see Light's reasons as starting maybe 'pure', but quickly the whole ordeal corrupted him I could see people trying to bribe him. Its the whole thing with the Death Penalty he would be killing innocent people.

Near did bore me too, he never seemed to have much respect for L. Whammy's House was a mixed success, in a few years they lost Lawliet, Beyond went AWOL and was killed by Kira, Mihael/Mello died at the hands of Takuma, and Mail/Matt was killed the police. (I guess A killed himself or something of the like)

Channel 4 in the UK played on recently. I suggest you get them, but ignore L: Change The World, that film was thin of the ground as awesome as Kenichi Matsuyama is as L, he got a few awards for the role of L in both Death Note, and Death Note 2: The Last Name.

Also I demand you check out Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder cases, Mello narrates and it covers the case Naomi Misora and L worked on together.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I think Death Note is the very best and as you siad the most complicated story line just plain out AWESOME!

Neon Genesis Evangelion would like to challenge that "most complicated storyline" bit; it's complex enough that no one can agree on what actually happens.

Near did bore me too' date=' he never seemed to have much respect for L.

[/quote']And why does this make him less admirable? If anything, it shows his ability to abandon tradition.

I've got all the movies. Change the World is soooooo awesome and terrible.

I think Death Note could easily have a sequel with completely new characters and setting. While it probably can't be anywhere near as good as the original I'd still like them to try. Chapter 0 could possibly have worked as a series imo.

Haha, can't argue with that, I just picked "O" cuz of the nick.

Did you make it in Photoshop?

The show is great, there is although only one scene I found sad; it is where Light kills a certain chick (hate to spoil it for others), though it was an epic (pwnage) scene.

Archived