amazing 4kids f-ups

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell in the 4kids dub of One Piece did they pronounce Zoro's name Zolo? It's Zoro' date=' like the masked Mexican guy.

[/quote']

the reason they call him zolo and not zoro is because in the japanese language, the letter L doesn't exist, so they replace it with R. Example, Lisa Hawkeye (in dubbed) for FMA is Riza Hawkeye in original japanese version, even though her name is elizabeth, or Erizabetu. It all depends on if the company who dubbed it feels that it should be an R or an L. This is seen everywhere in dubbed/subbed anime, such as in Code Geass. We're lucky that someone didn't f*** up and call -Naruto- Naluto.... or -Bleach- Burichu`(in english Breach :/ )... just kinda depends......

rofl, no way, that is too funny :P

Personally, one thing I never understood is why fire-type is strong against steel type T_T

when you think about, being made of super-heated steel makes you MORE dangerous, and also, u have to get pretty darned hot to really do damage to metal using fire T_T but that's a discussion for another thread...... i haven't watched 4kids since.... idk since when O_O but i do enjoy hearing about these :p

rofl' date=' no way, that is too funny :P

Personally, one thing I never understood is why fire-type is strong against steel type T_T

when you think about, being made of super-heated steel makes you MORE dangerous, and also, u have to get pretty darned hot to really do damage to metal using fire T_T but that's a discussion for another thread...... i haven't watched 4kids since.... idk since when O_O but i do enjoy hearing about these :p

[/quote']

What happens to metal when you heat it?

That's right, it MELTS.

ok, well lets think about this for a second... LOGICALLY. Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C (2500°F). you can look this up if you want. now, lets look at flames, hmm? Flames are classified by color, coolest being blue, hottest being white, and the closer to white, the hotter it is. Which is where the saying white hot comes in. Now, considering that Steel melts at 2500 degrees F, give or take a couple degrees, which is 3 times hotter than the surface of venus, the hottest planet in our solar system, on a bad day. Now if venus, the hottest planet in our solar system won't melt steel that is constantly on the planet, i highly doubt that a couple of flame throwers will heat the steel up to the point where it will melt and mess up the pokemon. hows that logic for you O_o

rofl, thats pretty damned funny, but still, jus cause electrode has a small diameter doesn't mean anything. It doesn't say anything about his density. In example.... take a ball of fat that weighs a pound. Now get a ball of muscle the exact same size and the muscle will weigh more than the fat, due to density. as for bieng a giant ball confused with pokeballs.... their eyes (and pupils) are so large that they have terrible depth perception xD

Well just give me a sec, to give you the exact mathmatics

Electrode has a height of 3' 11"

and a weight of 146.8 pounds

assuming it has the shape of a sphere in which case its diamiter is its density (or somthing like that) one can easily calculate its density is 73.6 kilograms per cubic meter. As water has 1000 Kilos per cubic inch, it should easly be able to float! HA!

Along with carrying up to 2000 LBS

rofl, i forgot that they have the wieght things :p thanx 4 the correction... however, he has no arms/legs/flippers/fins/limbs, so he wouldn't be able to move in any particular direction, making it a useless skill for him to know O_o but enough with this.... wut are some more f ups :p

Well just give me a sec' date=' to give you the exact mathmatics

Electrode has a height of 3' 11"

and a weight of 146.8 pounds

assuming it has the shape of a sphere in which case its diamiter is its density (or somthing like that) one can easily calculate its density is 73.6 kilograms per cubic meter. As water has 1000 Kilos per cubic inch, it should easly be able to float! HA![hr']

Along with carrying up to 2000 LBS

The volume of a sphere is calculated through a formula I won't bother linking. (The word you're looking for is "diameter", by the way.) The formula gives Electrode a volume of 0.890826948 cubic meters. With a weight of 67.4 kgs, that gives it a density of 75.6643323 kg per cubic meters. Water's density is 995 kg/cubic meter (not per cubic inch, which is FAR FAR LESS than a cubic meter). Electrodes hover, do they not?

Archived