DM vs GX vs 5Ds

Which is better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Duel Monsters (Series 2)
    • Generation X
    • Five Dragons

Which series is the best in your opinion? I figure this has been discussed alot but I couldn't find a thread on it here. So here we are.

Which one? Yugioh:Duel Monsters, Yugioh: GX, or Yugioh: 5Ds? (I don't include the original Toei Yugioh in this question because its not really big on the card game)

I have been watching all three. I've seen All the way to Season 3 of GX, Seen about 5 or so Episodes of 5DS and Am starting Battle City in the Duel Monsters (though I skipped Duel Dice and the other Filler where Kaiba had to go to that virtual world and Mokuba was kidnapped..again..but its fine because I've seen bits of it and watch Yugioh Abridged..close enough for Yugioh Filler XD..at least unless its really good.), though I know most of what happens in that whole series. Yes, I didn't watch the animes until recently despite knowing about them for a long time and owning the Cards first.

IMO here's how it goes for me:

Best Plot goes to DM however, best Duels goes to GX. I like GX more because the duels are much more exciting and I like more of the characters more. Sure it jokes around alot and that gets old, but I just like it leagues more. Seriously, at least so far, all of the Duels in the original are mostly putting me to sleep. I guess though I can blame that on being spoiled by GX, but then, the fact I'm saying that shows its superiority in duels. Though I'm not saying its my final verdict until I see more in Battle City, so my opinion may change. Currently though, GX duels are the best.

However plot wise, GX takes longer to get anything done (Plus the whole entirety of Season 2 was a waste of time. Peace of advice: Watch Season 1, read the plot of Season 2 on Wikia, then skip to season 3. I watched almost all of Season 2...trust me, half of season 2 was filler and the other half was dragging stuff out..so again filler but talking about Light being evil [which makes no sense] and talked about the Society of Light until it was blue in the face.) and the basic idea of a Duel Acadamy is stupid. However I loved it anyways. Meanwhile in DM the plot was awesome, though very VERY simliar (but it beats GX by a bit in this area also because it came first)

5Ds is just...wierd. The idea of playing a card game while on motorcycles is stupid at first, but then you get used to it and actually like the series for it being different from the other two. Oddly enough, I actually like this series. Though I'd say I'm still mixed on my opinion of it, guess time will tell though. So far its interesting enough to be amusing when bored though. (Which happens to me often XP)

What about you guys?

EDIT: I'll rate each. My opinion of course.

DM: 7.5 out of 10

GX: 8 out of 10

5D's: 6.5 out of 10.

Here's how my rating scale works btw:

1-3=FAIL It gets worse the lower the number. Nothing exists below 1.

4: UGH. There's some good but almost all of its bad.

5= Why? There's some good but alot of bad.

6= Hmm...There's a decent amount of good but a decent amount of bad.

7=Average. Its some definite fun but not anything you haven't seen before. Its flaws aren't terrible.

8= Awesome. You have a blast, it has some flaws. But not enough to bother you usually.

9=Amazing. You love it and its flaws are so minor it doesn't really matter.

10=Almost perfection. Nuff said.

GX Season 4 was epic.

Really? I'm impatient to see that' date=' I'm still watching Season 3 atm. They haven't beaten Supreme Lord Jaiden yet lol

[/quote']

You must be a dubbie? If you are, you will stay impatient. 4kids didn't dub the 4th season of GX. Just watch the subs.

GX Season 4 was epic.

Really? I'm impatient to see that' date=' I'm still watching Season 3 atm. They haven't beaten Supreme Lord Jaiden yet lol

[/quote']

You must be a dubbie? If you are, you will stay impatient. 4kids didn't dub the 4th season of GX. Just watch the subs.

Haha, nah I'm going to watch the dub and then switch to sub when it gets to Season 4. I also already knew that, I look up info on Yugioh often. I'm OCD, so naturally I gotta know alot about anything I'm into lol (BTW: Just made a quick edit and added some ratings to each series for me..and then edited them a bit again too XD)

EDIT: I'll repost it here. My opinion of course.

DM: 7.5 out of 10

GX: 8 out of 10

5D's: 6.5 out of 10.

EDIT 4: Put the rating scale in my sig now.

Archived