R.P.820: A Club for RPers |_/[43 Members]\_| {Let there be war!}

ThatPhantomGuy

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's there to get about Death Note? Really smart high school student is tired of the corrupt world and when given the ability to change it does so; even if it involves mass murder. And of course the smartest investigator in the world is brought in to stop him. Seems pretty simple to me.

Near...

I personally hated Near. All he did was make L, the true genius, look like an idiot. For him it was always like "Oh look one piece of information. I suddenly know everything!", I didn't like it too much. Personally, that last part of the anime was mediocre until the ending. But yeah, Near is the confusing part of the anime.

EDIT @Jake: it is, I just made it seem really simple.

Seriously. In the first book no one surprised him, in fact he was always at least one step ahead, until the end and even then he outsmarted them. Helps that when I first read it I was about his age. You feel more attached to a character closer to your own age.

You read the one with Jon Spiro/ Opal? Those were... Epic.

I've read all of them except for the most recent one which is only out in Europe at the moment. But outsmarting a whole evil american company was awesome.

Archived