R.P.820: A Club for RPers |_/[43 Members]\_| {Let there be war!}

ThatPhantomGuy

Guy shoots plates of earth at you never saying they hit' date=' you counter by saying your guy went behind him and countered by stabbing, thus creating a deep wound.

I can't see how that's NOT godmodding.

[/quote']

I have to agree :/ A saying it hit is one of the most common god mods. Then, there's how Jake godmods, temp. controlling of characters for plot furthering. Only central characters, so no one minds.

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg' date=' ok then i must have a different rp mind set because I rp with a thing called firewall. i guess others don't rp with that in mind.

[/quote']

lol, why are you naming RP mind sets? There's like two anyway. The one where you do what we've been telling you to do, and the one where you're godmodding.

omg' date=' ok then i must have a different rp mind set because I rp with a thing called firewall. i guess others don't rp with that in mind.

[/quote']

I have no idea what your rule set is, but the rules on YCM are the standards one very sight. Save for the advanced clause, which is other site's basic style.

the use of firewall prevents god modding and makes it more realistic like your in a story or a book.

If you have ever RP'd, you know there is always a way to godmod. Telling me it prevents godmodding merely means you have an excuse for godmodding. If you want it to be like a story or book, write fanfic. Got it memorized?

On another note, should I get a name change? Flame Dragon told me that if I got one, it will be my last. Of course, I realize this is untrue because many people have gone multiple name-changes, but still. It puts perspective on things.

This is a short section, and it details Firewalling. Firewalling is the act of cutting off the writer's knowledge from the character's knowledge. Your character isn't all knowing, and even though YOU may know what will happen, your character may not. For example, when someone writes a horror movie, they already know the main character will be jumped from behind. The character they are writing about does not know this however. This same technique must be practiced when we RP.

That's firewalling.

the use of firewall prevents god modding and makes it more realistic like your in a story or a book.

If you have ever RP'd' date=' you know there is always a way to godmod. Telling me it prevents godmodding merely means you have an excuse for godmodding. If you want it to be like a story or book, write fanfic. Got it memorized?

On another note, should I get a name change? Flame Dragon told me that if I got one, it will be my last. Of course, I realize this is untrue because many people have gone multiple name-changes, but still. It puts perspective on things.

[/quote']

I think you should... but I don't know what to :/ And there is one mod who does it almost immediately. I'll look up his name real quick.

This is a short section' date=' and it details Firewalling. Firewalling is the act of cutting off the writer's knowledge from the character's knowledge. Your character isn't all knowing, and even though YOU may know what will happen, your character may not. For example, when someone writes a horror movie, they already know the main character will be jumped from behind. The character they are writing about does not know this however. This same technique must be practiced when we RP.

That's firewalling.

[/quote']

That's knowledge, not power.

If you have ever RP'd' date=' you know there is always a way to godmod. Telling me it prevents godmodding merely means you have an excuse for godmodding. If you want it to be like a story or book, write fanfic. Got it memorized?

[/quote']

I think you should... but I don't know what to :/ And there is one mod who does it almost immediately. I'll look up his name real quick.

Coolz. I'll give you a hint, got it memorized? jkjk

This is a short section' date=' and it details Firewalling. Firewalling is the act of cutting off the writer's knowledge from the character's knowledge. Your character isn't all knowing, and even though YOU may know what will happen, your character may not. For example, when someone writes a horror movie, they already know the main character will be jumped from behind. The character they are writing about does not know this however. This same technique must be practiced when we RP.

That's firewalling.

[/quote']

-facepalm-

You do realize this technique is ALWAYS practiced in RPs? And that it doesn't change that your post was godmodding?

That's firewalling.

[/quote']

That's knowledge, not power.

[/quote']

Coolz. I'll give you a hint, got it memorized?

Hm?

I can't find it! DX I think it is Azrael though...

OK even if i stated i landed the hit' date=' they should be able to state that they can block or dodge it. making it not god mod because at that point it wouldnt have landed is all im trying to get at[hr']

not that it was god mod saying i landed it anyway

Stop. You WERE God modding. End of story. Saying it Landed is God modding. Now I "Suggest" you stop.

I changed it anyway. geez. I dont see the big deal in saying you landed it' date=' but again w/e.

[/quote']

You are pressing the point I "Suggested" you stop! Last chance!

... Why do you people bicker?!?!?! YOu are either fighting, or not talking!! Where are: Senpai, Jake, Andx, and Tao-chan when you need them?!

Archived