Official Relationships Thread

Huntar!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is better to be bashed for doing the right thing then being praised for doing the wrong thing.

hope is the very essence of mankind. without it, we are but empty shells.

and i wasn't saying that she was stupid. i was saying that if she is going to make a mistake, let her make it and learn from it instead of trying to get her to avoid it at all costs, as that would actually do more harm then good.

Edit: To above post:

So' date=' your saying that forcing doubt in a relationship in wich she is truly happy is more healthy?

[/quote']

SEEING THE REALITY IS MORE HEALTHY.

Don't you get that?

In reality, dating your cousin usually doesn't work, we are just trying to help her realize that something could go wrong, and when it does, she should be ready.

We DONT want THAT to happen, but we want her to be preppared.

It's not for you to decide what she should put her hope on or not.

I never said it was. It's stupid to let someone kill themselves because of a false high hope.

How are you so sure it's false hope? Relationships can last. Not every teenage relationship fails.

Yankee' date=' she might be in love with this guy, yeah. We know that. But we're looking out for her, and we're going to be her shoulder to cry on when things dont go her way.

[/quote']

Thats respectable, just change your tactic?

Edit: To above post:

So' date=' your saying that forcing doubt in a relationship in wich she is truly happy is more healthy?

[/quote']

SEEING THE REALITY IS MORE HEALTHY.

Don't you get that?

In reality, dating your cousin usually doesn't work, we are just trying to help her realize that something could go wrong, and when it does, she should be ready.

We DONT want THAT to happen, but we want her to be preppared.

I get that, but, what reality is there to truly see? It seems this guy has been faithful...

How are you so sure it's false hope? Relationships can last. Not every teenage relationship fails.

I know, but fact is, again, the road they plan on going down, the constant problems, the rush, all these factors just do not add up to a success as a relationship.

I know' date=' but fact is, again, the road they plan on going down, the constant problems, the rush, all these factors just do not add up to a success as a relationship.

[/quote']

How is that different than ANY relationship?

A 23 year old can get married, and would have many of the same problems.

EDIT: Look all, I get your point. I get that you want her to be ok, and look at both sides, but you have to stop being forceful with it. Also, if she refuses, accept that, and let her continue.

I know' date=' but fact is, again, the road they plan on going down, the constant problems, the rush, all these factors just do not add up to a success as a relationship.

[/quote']

I wasn't specifically implying that those are true to just teenagers, I was mainly assessing the relationship as a whole, these problems can be applied to any age group. Not to any relationship, though. There are people who can take the paths for the better, but they will still have some doubt. Without the doubt, most likely everyone's hopes will be shattered for good. There can always be hope, but where there is hope, there is also doubt, no matter how small said doubt is.

"EDIT: Look all, I get your point. I get that you want her to be ok, and look at both sides, but you have to stop being forceful with it. Also, if she refuses, accept that, and let her continue. "

That is my basic point. Lay off some, and let her decide for herself.

Forcing her to doubt him can lead to nothing but trouble for her.

[/quote']

EDIT: Look all, I get your point. I get that you want her to be ok, and look at both sides, but you have to stop being forceful with it. Also, if she refuses, accept that, and let her continue.

I agree to that, and wasn't trying to be forceful.

Afterall it is HER life, and we barely have a place in it since we are just from the internet.

Don't always take advice from internet people xD [/lol]

You need to not listen to what anyone says about your feelings and/or decisions other than yourself and the person you care about. While you are kinda young' date=' and it may not be the best move at that age, why should the opinions of people who don't even know you and/or the person you're in love with affect your decision? Think about what YOU want, and make your decision based on that.[/quote']

[/quote']

I agree to that, and wasn't trying to be forceful.

Afterall it is HER life, and we barely have a place in it since we are just from the internet.

Don't always take advice from internet people xD [/lol]

So, you have joined my side?

@C-2: I'm on no one's side.

This isn't a battle' date=' we don't need teams.

But I do agree with what you have to say~

And why is Claire pissed?

Dammit, whenever the name Claire comes up I always think of Larxene >_>

[/quote']

Ya, well, glad you agree.

And, lol, ya, I always think of Clariex when I see the name "Claire" XD

Any help on my sitch? How do I ask either out at all?

What's your situation?

And you are between two girls' date=' I'm assuming?

That's bad right there.

[/quote']

My situation is kinda weird lol.

I have never had a gf' date=' ever. I liked this beautiful girl in my school, never told her, and she changed schools last year. I now like 2 of my friends, but that whole tv cliché comes to mind of, "If I ask out my friend, will it ruin my friendship with her?" I need help lol

[/quote']

It is bad though

Archived