Accel Synchro vs. Wisel Infinity

Guest Delinquent Girl NiAtSoFi

Before I start, let's look at the main Wisel's effect:

MACHINE EMPEROR WISEL

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK 0

DEF 0

Other Monsters you control cannot attack. Once per turn, you can treat 1 Synchro Monster your opponent controls as an Equip Spell Card and equip it to this card.This card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the monster equipped to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all "Wisel" monsters you control. When this card is destroyed, destroy all other monsters you control.

So Wisel equips Synchros. Now, "Accel Synchro Summon" is a type of Synchro Summon using a Tuner who is also a Synchro. Isn't that still a Synchro Monster? So, Yusei's new plan to defeat a Synchro-eating monster is to use a Synchro Monster through a new, complex summoning mechanic? I can think of a better way...l-skil n-drai!

You mean Ill-skay Ain-dray?

I think that because of an Accel Synchro's ability to vanish at times' date=' it can avoid Wisel.

[/quote']

I really meant Skill Drain. I just moved the last letters of both words to the front. But I digress. A big question is that will all these new monsters be able to remove from play themselves like that? Also, I don't think Accel Synchros are technically new monsters themselves. They may just be Synchros.

Then what do you think the purpose of revealing an Accel Synchro and it's relevance to beating Wisel was?

Probably for card sales. As for Wisel, it's possible that any Synchro monster can be Accel Synchro Summoned (Savior Star I doubt because it needs Savior Dragon as the tuner).

Apparently they have some sort of spiritual connection as well.

Remember at the end of the episode when he let himself lose instead of his accel synchro being killed?

You do realize' date=' that Dark Glass wasnt even trying, and that he [i']let[/i] Yusei win?

Pretty much all Dark Glass wanted to do, was to introduce Accell Synchros to Yusei.

And he did that quite well ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway - Accel Synchro of Junk Warrior and Stardust Dragon is not possible in this game (except if KONAMI invent a level 13 monster.) The only option is "Armory Arms" being the tuner, and any of his non-Savior synchro being the non-tuner.

And Monkey is right, once you target a monster and it's used as accel-synchro material you cannot re-target. As we can all see, it's "chained" to Yusei's Spell Card (thus meaning Accel Synchro is so quick it's Spell Speed 2 or even higher).

I think Accel Synchro would be using the same means as defeating the Earthbound gods - either overpowering them with massive ATKs, or sneaking behind their backs with direct attacks... Another option is a Nuke, but that's something only Aki would do :D

I don't see how Power-Tool Dragon or Ancient Fairy Dragon would be of any use in a Speed Duel - again KONAMI have to either reinvent Speed Equip Spells or remove the immunity on Speed World.

It seems that one of the synchros dark glass used was also a tuner at the same time. that makes accel synchroing savior star impossible unless a synchro-tuner is made that assumes savior dragon's name.

Well, that is how an Accel Synchro occurs... When you tune a Synchro monster to a Synchro/Tuner monster during either turn supposedly. Yusei would need to get a whole new batch of Synchro/Tuner monsters to use. Plus, they need to be low leveled to make at least a Level 10 Accel Synchro Monster because you need the non-Tuners and Tuners to Synchro Summon the first 2 Synchros, then tune those to get your Accel Synchro, so they must be low leveled right?

There's an alternate strategy of beating Infinitys' date=' with cards like Asura Priest, Machine Lord Ur, Ultimate Tyranno (Berserk Dragon can't be used in a Speed Duel though)... Simply trash it part by part.

Too bad noone of the protagonists ever used any of those cards.[/b']

Skill Drain is the best card to stop the Machine Emperors Wisel and Skiel. This Accel Synchro thing is just a gimmick like the turbo duels. It looks awesome in presentation on the show, but, in the real life game, they're less entertaining even if the game does evolve further in gameplay techniques.

There's an alternate strategy of beating Infinitys' date=' with cards like Asura Priest, Machine Lord Ur, Ultimate Tyranno (Berserk Dragon can't be used in a Speed Duel though)... Simply trash it part by part.

Too bad noone of the protagonists ever used any of those cards.[/b']

But thats too obveious, and defeats the purpose of an epic battle.

• 7 months later...

Archived