Code Geass compared to Wicked: The Musical

I'm going to start this by saying I have a very limited knowledge of the Code Geass series. I only recently began to watch it and the only reason I did is because I saw great similarity with Wicked. In this I am going to point out some of the similarities I have seen in the anime and musical. I am also going to leave them open for discussion as I could be wrong about many things in the Geass series.

I am a big fan of Wicked, as can be seen by my avatar. I am not a fan of Code Geass. I simply watched what I think were the final episodes for a lack of anything better to watch. So, I don't have much knowledge of Geass.

Now to the point, In Wicked Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west, is the daughter of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz (WWO, I will be using such abbreviations through this post/ thread so be ready). Elphaba has a sister, Nessarose, who is in a wheelchair and remains loyal to the WWO (Sort of) despite her sister's rebellion. Due to the injustice in Oz Elphaba rebels and earns the title Wicked Witch of the West (WWW). In the end, in order to meet her goals, Elphaba arranges for Dorothy to toss water on her "killing" the WWW.

In the Code Geass series Lelouch is the son of the King of Britain. He has a sister, Nunally, who is wheelchair bound and remains loyal to the king. Lelouch rebels against his father and attains an alias as a terrorist (like the WWW). In the end, in order to meet his goals, Lelouch arranges for himself to be killed.

So, there you have it. The anime and musical have many similarities. There are others that I haven't mentioned, but I thought for now this was enough. So, correct me if I am wrong on any of my info about Code Geass, and discuss the comparison.

The only thing you missed is that its now the Holy Empire of Britannia, not Britain.

Nunally doesn't actually remain loyal to the King, so much as is against the killing and rebellion and whatnot that Lelouch is doing. At most, I'd call her loyal to the Empire.

Still pretty similar, and brought me some lols.

The only thing you missed is that its now the Holy Empire of Britannia' date=' not Britain.

Nunally doesn't actually remain loyal to the King, so much as is against the killing and rebellion and whatnot that Lelouch is doing. At most, I'd call her loyal to the Empire.

Still pretty similar, and brought me some lols.

[/quote']

Well, Nessarose remains loyal to the WWO so she can remain the Witch of the East. Later on, it is suggested that Munchkin land succeeds from Oz.

Also, I understand that Lelouch has a secret power granted to him by blood. Elphaba's great magic is the result of her being the child of an Ozian and a Human. Being the child of 2 worlds she could master both forms of magic.

Lelouch is also very intelligent. His intellect is almost to a super-human level. Elphaba is a genius by Oz respects because only she has ever been able to deceiver the Grimmerie, a magic tome.

Lelouch's power did not come from blood' date=' but from a contract with the mysterious CC, which is some sort of immortal witch.

[/quote']

Oh, I thought it was a family trait. Well, if going by the novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West then this CC might be similar to the Kumbric Witch or Yackle (woman who gave Elphaba her broom).

Archived