The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)

I can't believe I didn't find out about this sooner.

I'm not very happy with myself right now.

BUT IT'S GODDAMN HERE! =D

... Discuss.

EDIT: After watching that, and knowing the next episode will be the same, I'm now very pissed off.

People who have seen it will know what I'm on about.

Why the hell did they decide to go with eight episodes? "Eight" refers to August' date=' and the original story was just one chapter.

[/quote']

It was a mere 30 pages and one chapter, yeah. Yet they decided to do this?

I'm hoping they'll end it after 6 episodes though. x_x

They'll go with nine episodes' date=' just to troll you.

[/quote']

Well Episode 5 has over 600 replies on MAL, so I say successful troll is successful.

Oh, they were trolling when they stretched it to a third episode; everything since then is just even more trolling. It's at the point where Haruhi episodes are essentially a weekly Rickroll.

Incidentally, maybe they won't stop at nine episodes. Maybe they'll fill the rest of the season with Endless Eight. Season 3, of course, will consist solely of the anime-original arc "Nonstop Nine".

• 2 weeks later...

You know' date=' if they were able to come up with a simple solution like that, why didn't they do that for the second Endless Eight?

[/quote']

Because Kadokawa told them to make 8, and told them that he already had plans for Disappearance. So I'm guessing Sigh will be next, and the movie will be out late 2009/early 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]We've entered an endless recursion of time.

I had to use Monster Reborn Call of the Haunted on this thread' date=' because now, it actually is August the 17th.[/align']

Sighs has started, so your Endless Eight comment is irrelevant. ;)

Sighs?

Oic. Kewl.

However, I haven't finished Endless Eight yet. I'm at ep 6 out of the 8. Or maybe it was 2. Or maybe 5. I don't remember. What was the difference again?

I had to use Monster Reborn Call of the Haunted on this thread' date=' because now, it actually is August the 17th.[/align']

Sighs?

Oic. Kewl.

However, I haven't finished Endless Eight yet. I'm at ep 6 out of the 8. Or maybe it was 2. Or maybe 5. I don't remember. What was the difference again?

Different animation, slightly different dialogue, new art/audio. =/

Sighs?

Oic. Kewl.

Different animation, slightly different dialogue, new art/audio. =/

So it basically was the animators being lazy bastards? >.<

No. They spent the same amount of money and time on each episode, re-doing everything including re-recording the V.O. for each episode again, etc. as if it were a new episode. =/

Endless Eight was what it was because of Kadokawa, not Kyoto Ani.

=/

No. They spent the same amount of money and time on each episode' date=' re-doing everything including re-recording the V.O. for each episode again, etc. as if it were a new episode. =/

=/

[/quote']

Does the same apply for ep.9? Is Kadokawa the reason the Endless Eight ended with homework?

No. They spent the same amount of money and time on each episode' date=' re-doing everything including re-recording the V.O. for each episode again, etc. as if it were a new episode. =/

=/

[/quote']

Does the same apply for ep.9? Is Kadokawa the reason the Endless Eight ended with homework?

No, that's the canon ending from the original light novels. It's just that, in the source material, we only saw were forced to endure two cycles, not eight.

No' date=' that's the canon ending from the original light novels. It's just that, in the source material, we only [s']saw[/s] were forced to endure two cycles, not eight.

Lol, yeah. I liked the plot in the light novel, but what it was in the Anime sucked so hard. =/

Archived