Yu-Gi-Oh! Errors

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know' date=' there is a name for these kind of 'errors'.

People call them [i']plotholes[/i].

But they aren't plotholes. They're segregation of real-life gameplay and in-universe gameplay.

here's an error. Yugi has Giant Soldier of Stone attack the moon' date=' which makes no sense at all.

[/quote']

Not if the moon would have been a monster, but because it was a Spell, you are right.

oh' date=' and in season one, they do not sacrifice monsters, and play with 2000 LP and don't attack directly

[/quote']

The thing with the sacrifices is not an error, they had other rules at that time, same goes for 2000LP and no direct attacking. Pegasus set those rules up. In one of the pc/console games, the duelist kingdom rules were used. The rules we play like are (according to the fanchise) set up by Kaiba for Battlecity.

and zombie monsters somehow return from the graveyard when they are destroyed

That is again an error, because 'Call of the Haunted' works in a much other way in RL than in the anime, were some rules are bend or broken.

I've found numerous errors:

1. Joey played Scapegoat in the Monster Card Zone when he dueled Rare Hunter

2. When Mako Tsunami attacked with Flying Fish, his duel disk has Torrential Tribute in his Monster Card Zone.

3. In the Tag-Team Duel with Yugi, Kaiba and Lumis and Umbra, the Mask Spell Cards kept being shown in the Monster Card Zone.

4. When Strings the Quiet One draws Worm Drake it has 8+ stars.

5. As Arcana thinks "When I have another monster on my field, I'll sacrifice them both and summon my Dark Magician, the card directly next to the screen divider shows The Winged Dragon of Ra.

I've got two that I'm shocked haven't been mentioned.

In one battle, Yugi has Summoned Skull on the field and either he or his opponent used some card involving mist. This caused Summoned Skull to gain attack when using his lightning attack (and of course because of it yugi wins).

Also, in the Mai vs. Joey Duelist Kingdom battle, she has Harpie Ladies on the field. They can fly, and so Joey's Axe Raider (I think or it might have been mountain Warrior) could not hit them. Also, the Harpies could kill anything that could attack long range, or fly.

[align=center]

When Kaiba somehow summons Obelisk in the first turn and attacks with it.

[/align]

When did that happen? If you're referring to the battle against the punk he had given a bunch of rare cards to, that wasn't the first turn; that was just the only part of the duel that we saw.

In one battle' date=' Yugi has Summoned Skull on the field and either he or his opponent used some card involving mist. This caused Summoned Skull to gain attack when using his lightning attack (and of course because of it yugi wins).

[/quote']

Makiu,theMagicalMistCRMS-EN-R-1E.jpg

But still...Yugi just didn't know what Makiu's effect was, because 4Kids had removed it from the card.

Bakura summons Sangan and Tributes it to keep Dark Sanctuary' date=' Sangan's effect activates and it allows Bakura to draw 1 card.

[/quote']

Maybe Bakura oversimplified it. I mean, it does allow you to take a <1500 ATK monster from your deck and put it in the hand, maybe that's what he did.

Bakura summons Sangan and Tributes it to keep Dark Sanctuary' date=' Sangan's effect activates and it allows Bakura to draw 1 card.

[/quote']

Maybe Bakura oversimplified it. I mean, it does allow you to take a <1500 ATK monster from your deck and put it in the hand, maybe that's what he did.

No, he said ''I summon Sangan! And then I sacrifice him to maintain the power of the Dark Sanctuary!'' Sangan is sacrificed then he said ''Sangan's Special Effect allows me to draw 1 card after it has been sent to the Card Graveyard.'' I have the tape, I know what he said.

Archived