Yu-Gi-Oh! Errors

I've set up a bet with someone that I can find more errors in the first three seasons (up to "Waking the Dragons") of Yu-Gi-Oh than he can. So...like Seto Kaiba, I've decided to screw the rules a little and get you guys to help me.

It's simple...how many (glaring) errors do you know of?

The ones I've come up with so far are:

i) Placing cards in face-up Defence Position

ii) When dueling Weevil, Yugi's "Curse of Dragon" attacks the field

iii) The whole Dragon-Champion-launched-at-Floating-Castle incident (vs. Panik)

iv) Against the Paradox Brothers, Joey cries out "My Celtic Guardian!", despite it being Yugi's!

Can you help?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those were the only four deviations from the real-life game that you could find, given that the entire first season operated under a different set of rules (in the manga, it was explicitly stated that it was an alternate game played with Duel Monsters cards rather than the regular Duel Monsters game), then you should just give up now.

I realise that there were more errors, I just wanted to see if other people knew other ones that I hadn't seen. (The four are just a starting point)

Plus, it's been over a year-and-a-half since I saw YuGiOh seasons 1-3, so I've forgotten most of the errors.

There not errors. Its called different set of rules, yes the anime eventually turns more of the card games rules into its rule set. 5Ds for half its episodes has to follow different rules because Speed Duels have only just hit the OCG (its a mode in Duel Terminal 4 or something like that I believe).

One of the only true errors was the Japanese Writers for GX subtracted wrong in GX 139, annoying considering Haou won the duel with 50 lifepoints he didn't have, this was corrected in the dub.

<3 this thread.

Only the movie mistakes could allready fill an entire thread.

I loved how Tea used Waboku to reduce a monster's attack to zero.

Do you still remember when...

Equip Spell Card

Equip this Card to a Gay Clown with 500 ATK and kill it. Destroy all the monsters with more than 1500 ATK your opponent has.

One of the only true errors was the Japanese Writers for GX subtracted wrong in GX 139' date=' annoying considering Haou won the duel with 50 lifepoints he didn't have, this was corrected in the dub.

[/quote']

How did the dub correct that?

here's an error. Yugi has Giant Soldier of Stone attack the moon, which makes no sense at all.

oh, and in season one, they do not sacrifice monsters, and play with 2000 LP and don't attack directly, and zombie monsters somehow return from the graveyard when they are destroyed.

When Yusei fought Armstrong in the dub, Armstrong ordered Iron Chain Snake to equip to The Kick Man while shouting "So much for your Kick Man's Defence Boost!" (Kick Man was in Attack Position equipped with Axe of Despair.)

Goodwin declaring he was the 5th Signer in the dub. While this may not have been a mistake, it hasn't been made official yet.

Must I really point out the errors made in the dub's Episode 24? (The Yusei/Akiza duel)

During Yusei and Armstrong's duel in the dub, Armstrong summoned Iron Chain Dragon stating "Iron Chain Dragon gains 200 ATK for each Iron Chain Monster in my Graveyard" while neglecting to say that they had to be removed from play.

In the second Ep I believe when Yusei dueled that bug dude, Yusei used Domino Effect to destroy all 3 of the dude's monsters while normally the card would only allow the destruction of two of them.

In GX when Jaden first summoned Ralis the Star Bird........need I say what was wrong?

I know plenty moar.....to lazy to post them though.

They changed the attack of one of Jim's Monsters' date=' if I recall. I didn't watch the dub I'm not 100% on the details.[/quote']

So they made a mistake to correct a mistake?

Brilliant.jpg

Jim's monsters are anime-only anyhow, so changing one's ATK is only a "mistake" in the sense that it isn't faithful to the canon - and in this case, the "canon" is stupid and wrong, making the change perfectly acceptable.

They changed the attack of one of Jim's Monsters' date=' if I recall. I didn't watch the dub I'm not 100% on the details.

[/quote']

Wait, was that during the Haou Duel? No, they simply miscalculated Battle Damage.

Goodwin declaring he was the 5th Signer in the dub. While this may not have been a mistake' date=' it hasn't been made official yet.

[/quote']

Watch 5D's 57.

Archived