Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An MMO IS an RPG game, Skul. The purpose of a game like FFXIV is to recreate the Final Fantasy fun of battling monsters, using different classes, casting magic, blah blah blah, and allowing you to do that with other people.

=/ Frankly, I think it's an excellent idea. Playing FF with other people would be epic. Besides, it uses the PS3's native internet, so it's not like you have to play it on a PC.

@Diamond: Okay, roman numerals aren't math. They are number symbols.

And stop acting like an idiot. I know several Xbox owners who are very intelligent people, in shape, and do not only play shooter games. Xbox has a lot of shooting games, this is true. But they have several games of varied genre.

For you to make such generalized, uneducated statements about other people simply for their choice of system preference really speaks volumes for your intelligence. You claim that Xbox players don't like to think? Well, clearly, neither do you.

goddammit My post keep getting deleted from this thread. Anyway. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Mine just happens to be better.

EDIT NM. My post did show finally.

@ZEX Nah, I just don't like X-Box owners. When all X-Box owners you know are like that you tend to say that kind of stuff. And I hate Roman numerals.

Your posts weren't showing up because of the glitch in the thread. Click "POST REPLY" if you want to see posts that aren't showing up.

And no, that is no excuse. You can't just go and insult an entire group of people And then try to justify it by saying things like "I just don't like XBox owners", or "Meh, everybody is entitled to an opinion. Mine just happens to be better."

It's unacceptable, and I won't have your attitude in here.

In short: Shut it, or you're out of here.

Again' date=' I'm just being real. Aerith would likely be selected.

Granted, I'd much rather prefer Vincent, or Red XIII, or Yuffie, but I don't have anything against Aerith.

[/quote']

@King Diamond: Chances are somewhat in my favor that I am smarter than you and I have an xbox. Plus the amount of creativity and thinking that needs to be involved in Banjo an Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (an Xbox exclusive) far exceeds that of an rpg. This does not steam from the fact I have the game, since it revolves around you using blocks to build a vehicle to do certain tasks you have to think to get the best vehicle you could ever hope for. (For example my brother built a boat that uses inflatable balloons so it becomes a blimp at the push of a button and thanks to retractable propeller i can gain a speed boost be be useful in blimp mode or to have a speed advantage in boat mode (however the faster a thing is the more difficult to control). Then thanks to a detacher you can separate a bit of the blimp fro the rest of the craft which thanks to retractable wings allow it to become a fast maneuverable small plane. )

This is opposed to a RPG where to get the best items and beat the game easily you merely have to use a strategy guide (this works to a point in Nuts and Bolts as well but it will only give you some blueprints you could use or where to find vehicle parts.

@Zex: FFXI was a mmorpg as well, because they already have a MMO I think that making XVI a MMO is a dumb idea when they could have made a expansion pack for XI. OF course this would be different if they make a unique enough engine that it has a different game feel then what XI did.

Again' date=' I'm just being real. Aerith would likely be selected.

Granted, I'd much rather prefer Vincent, or Red XIII, or Yuffie, but I don't have anything against Aerith.

[/quote']

@King Diamond: Chances are somewhat in my favor that I am smarter than you and I have an xbox. Plus the amount of creativity and thinking that needs to be involved in Banjo an Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (an Xbox exclusive) far exceeds that of an rpg. This does not steam from the fact I have the game, since it revolves around you using blocks to build a vehicle to do certain tasks you have to think to get the best vehicle you could ever hope for. (For example my brother built a boat that uses inflatable balloons so it becomes a blimp at the push of a button and thanks to retractable propeller i can gain a speed boost be be useful in blimp mode or to have a speed advantage in boat mode (however the faster a thing is the more difficult to control). Then thanks to a detacher you can separate a bit of the blimp fro the rest of the craft which thanks to retractable wings allow it to become a fast maneuverable small plane. )

This is opposed to a RPG where to get the best items and beat the game easily you merely have to use a strategy guide (this works to a point in Nuts and Bolts as well but it will only give you some blueprints you could use or where to find vehicle parts.

@Zex: FFXI was a mmorpg as well, because they already have a MMO I think that making XVI a MMO is a dumb idea when they could have made a expansion pack for XI. OF course this would be different if they make a unique enough engine that it has a different game feel then what XI did.

I have a 4.0 unweighted and am in college 2 years early. Besides I never use strats. And about the ISOs It will give me something to do until then. (New color schemes and such make a game fun.)

Well, Nex, that in and of itself is rather generalized. There are several RPGs where Item Creation and building your own equipment are staples. You just don't see it in FF very often. RPGs take quite a lot of thought in their own right, and assuming otherwise would not behoove you.

In any case, XI was rather unsuccessful, and has had several issues that players have complained about. Plus, it's getting old.

The reason they are making XIV is because they are aiming to create a completely new game altogether, with updated graphics, obviously new features, and a system that will probably be more up to speed with the current Final Fantasy standards.

I also hear they plan on including a playable storyline.

So in short, XIV is going to be a complete, total system overhaul. This is not something you could accomplish by simply expanding XI.

Another key point is that since XIV uses the PS3's native, free online play, there is no subscription like there was in XI, and online play is going to be far more smooth than XI could ever hope for.

EDIT: Diamond, why is it so hard for me to believe you?

Well' date=' Nex, that in and of itself is rather generalized. There are several RPGs where Item Creation and building your own equipment are staples. You just don't see it in FF very often. RPGs take quite a lot of thought in their own right, and assuming otherwise would not behoove you.

In any case, XI was rather unsuccessful, and has had several issues that players have complained about. Plus, it's getting old.

The reason they are making X[b']IV[/b] is because they are aiming to create a completely new game altogether, with updated graphics, obviously new features, and a system that will probably be more up to speed with the current Final Fantasy standards.

I also hear they plan on including a playable storyline.

So in short, XIV is going to be a complete, total system overhaul. This is not something you could accomplish by simply expanding XI.

Another key point is that since XIV uses the PS3's native, free online play, there is no subscription like there was in XI, and online play is going to be far more smooth than XI could ever hope for.

EDIT: Diamond, why is it so hard for me to believe you?

Because you generalized that since I generalized I am a complete idiot. If that makes sense.

Well I haven't seen many rpgs that can do the piece by piece customization Nuts and Bolts revolve around.

RPGs are difficult to make and complicated I assure you I know that much. They are also difficult to get through on your own knowledge alone. The thing is almost all rpgs have one or two "right ways" to do it. Learning about these online make the game far less difficult and is reduced to grinding and following instructions with the occasional piece of storyline.

Then the simple solution would be to not use a guide? That's what I do. And clearly, you haven't played Star Ocean 3. Seriously, every aspect of Item-Making is completely available to you in that game.

@Diamond: And once again, this further illustrates your lack of intelligence, or at the very least, sense.

A generalization is an idea which is applied to a group of persons, objects, or ideals, based on a preconceived notion that is more often than not undereducated.

My opinion of you, an individual, is based on my experience with you, and my observance of your previous posts in other threads - as such, it is a first-hand opinion, and a very educated one at that.

Learn the definition of a word before you use it.

EDIT: xD WATCH THIS PEOPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EhKONY_SzE

Also, let me point out that your earlier statement about being "Bad at Math" is very contradictory to your claim of college-level education 2 years early, as well as your claim of a solid 4.0.

Add that to the fact that you couldn't recognize simple roman numerals, and this just recent point of you not knowing what a Generalization is, and the facts are pretty apparent that you're full of crap.

No I haven't Zex and while you don't have to use a guide it is always a viable route that can dramatically increase your performance.

On a side note since you enjoy grinding you should play dragon quest VII, the first dungeon is impossible unless you grind quite a bit before hand. THE FIRST DUNGEON. Then thier are the monster tamer side quest where you can fight and tame monsters, then you can use them in fights, especially Monster Arena.

Plus it has Slime Knight, one of the few things better than Water Flan (incidentally the slime look a bit like a water flan). I myself don't know what's the deal with my obsession with liquid monsters is, I just like them.

@King Diamond: The fact that you claim your opinion is better than mine made me laugh the first time, but you're starting to get on my nerves by continuing your idiocy and then going straight to outright lying.

Continue to piss me off and you'll be permanently removed from this club. Post in here again after that, and I will ensure that you regret it.

Ooky spooky Lar.

Anyway' date=' I recently remembered this video and I thought since we are talking about FF you might want to listen t it.

http://vgp.legendaryfrog.com/movies_fft_w.php

[/quote']

So you know my step father.

To prove my int.

6^3

---- = 108 which is the messure of the interior angle of a pentagon.

That explains the reason a pentagram is considered satanic.

@Zex: The video you posted was just showing a scene that had a bleep at several points, while Nex showed a complete remix of a song.

@King Diamond: STFU. There is no such thing as a "better opinion", just one that makes a lot more sense. To my knowledge, buying two copies of the same game as virtually no impact on whether or not a game gets a sequel. The interior angles of a pentragon do not explain the evil nature of a pentagram. Choose your next words carefully, or you're out of the club.

Archived