Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larxy, you forgot Davok. D:

I kinda wish I could be in the Rp, but nooooooooo. Damn beach trip fell right on the days we were starting it. Dx

On a totally unrelated note:

I just finished watching TTGL, the last fight was so awesome, that it made me have 3 adrenaline rushes. AT THE SAME TIME.

...Don't ask me how that works. It just does. xD

I just finished watching TTGL' date=' the last fight was so awesome, that it made me have 3 adrenaline rushes. AT THE SAME TIME.

...Don't ask me how that works. It just does. xD

[/quote']

Just started watched the subs. Already it seems pretty damn awesome.

Has anyone ever written a story?

I hardly ever get to writing some of the stories that I come up with, because when I suddenly start typing I... well, it doesn't really work out. That's why I'm just writing short stories for now, (that are more like narratives, but eh) and going slowly but surely to longer ones. I also just recently wrote a short story, too, if your interested.

I would like to hear it' date=' depending on what genre. I'm more of a magic and lore kind of person. Also, I am about 3/5's through a short story, and I like where it's going.

[/quote']

To be honest, I'm not even sure what genre it is. :/ It's kind of more of an interpretive narrative/hidden meaning thing. I dunno. Here it is:

[spoiler=Yeah, probably not my best work. >.<]

Today I decided to look up into the sky and look at the stars.

The United States of America fell today, it's landscape transformed into a heap of radioactive rubble blasted into thousands of fragments scattered across everywhere. Washington DC and it's proud, boisterous and optimistic Whitehouse nonexistent and the scar of the state wide craters aligned perfectly in a beautiful tapestry of lost hope and misery. It's kind of funny actually. First so sure of itself. Now it is all gone. Everything.

Canada is next, then Britain. Eventually China and Russia will face it's greatest tragedy of extinction even with their military preparations. Eventually the entire world will be annexed within the Empire of Death, and laughter and sorrow and guilt and grief and suffering, will be heard again no more.

The stars are still twinkling.

The ashes of the Rocky Mountains scattered today as they sighed in joyful reminiscience of their existence on the landscape of the planet Earth. Once proud and mighty, rising above all. Now all gone. Ottawa a smoking ruin. Newfoundland sunk into the sea.

Great Britain is a scattered nuclear wasteland, it's many fragile parts so threaded with history broken apart like a brittle piece of bone. Europe had even littler chance, such war, such greed, such wonderful and joyful history. All gone. The Russians are readying their warheads and the Chinese are pointing at the sky, but don't they see that they shall never strike anything down to delay their demise. Don't they realize there is nothing there?

Just stars.

Beijing and Hong Kong have been reduced to smoking craters and bays as the ocean laps up the blood of the dead and the dying and even for those who survived they know no hope. For there is nothing, because everything has been taken from them. There is simply nothing left.

Russia is simply dead, it's rotting corpse evident even within the harsh expanse of the nuclear winter.

I remember seeing a man, blood pouring from snapped bones and burst arteries, and looking up at the sky and pleadingly requested, "Why?" And I remember muttering, "There is no Why. Only When."

There is no Why. Only stars.

Asia has been ripped apart, it's bloody remains tossed aside like a dirtied defiled rag, rotting in the dustbin beside Europe and North America. Brazil and Argentina were given no mercy either. All the rainforests, all the animals, all the exciting and fun and horrible and lively living people dead. All dead. The symptoms of rotting have already nibbled on the coastlines of Africa, breaking away shoreline and landscape to be consumed by the hungry ocean. Madagascar simply doesn't exist anymore.

Australia and New Zealand's vibrant coastlines saw death, then more death until it could not see anymore description and it's beaches collapsed to the weight of the bodies.

And the stars still twinkle beyond the gaps of nuclear snow and ash.

Africa is no more. It's savannahs and primordial resting places torn apart and scarred, the maiming unhalting until the entire continent was a vast swamp of black smoking mess and filth.

I wonder how I am not dead yet, as I look up at the stars.

Blood and sweat pour from my chest as I suddenly realized the gravity of my being. Worthless, insignificant. Ants. I looked up at the stars, and knew Why.

As my fluids leaked onto the burning soil I wept and laughed, embracing Death like a brother, knowing he was forever welcome. This world was not alive anymore, and I did not belong here. I looked up, and the sky lit up.

I felt my breath begin to slip away as I saw It. A being, more organic and more perfect than a human ever was. It hovered slowly above me, casting it's cleansing light upon my bloodied breast and I knew Why. I stared into the eyes of the Thing and saw Men, wholly unlike I yet seemingly sharing some sort of sibling resemblence. The eyes of the Thing stared into me, and I knew Why.

Oh god, I knew Why.

There was no ethics. There was no reason. There was no perspection. No moral to this horror which I am about to die for.

Oh god, I knew Why.

I looked into the eyes of the Thing, and I saw the stars. There were no pride and boastful Whitehouses there, nay, no proud and mighty Rocky Mountains, nay, no intertwining and fragile history, nay, or the warheads and guns of twin flags or rolling savannahs and pristine beaches.

Just stars.

@Zex: Unfortunately I actually haven't beaten FFX, I'm stuck on Jecht (IDC about the spelling). He and his Medusa-Jecht-Beam... Although there are nice training monsters to fight around there =D.

About KH1: I heard it was actually more difficult than the second... but that has yet to be seen... plus I haven't gotten your 'difficulty-of-the-game' opinions.

=/ DD, why do you constantly feel the need to try and one-up everything you see? Look, I've checked out that site you posted. It's not as high-quality as Setsuwa. And of course, now you're probably going to reply with some argument as to why you think it obviously is.

Anyway, as for the writing topic, I'm gonna try and write a Novel for NaNoWriMo. Someone told me I should give it shot. I doubt I'll finish it, but hey, I can try. xD

@Lar: You RP fine. xD You're just lazy and refuse to be imaginative most of the time. I also don't claim to RP very well. Just better than a lot of people here.

@Phoenix: =P Yay theme.

@Lux: Well, KH IS more difficult than KH2. But it's because of actual game difficulty, it's because of the control. In KH1, controls were clunky and clumsy, the camera was weird, and you didn't have access to the same kind of free-motion movement as you do in KH2.

I also don't claim to RP very well. Just better than a lot of people here.

Me' date=' too. :D[/color'] Anyway, we are thinking of writing some more short stories, possibly in a universe of our own devise. We'll show you guys them when we write `em.

And when I finish mine, I will post it here.

Problem is, I hand-wrote it all, so I will be finishing it by hand, then typing it.

Anyway, I could show you guys a passage here, if you want.

Archived