Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

It boils down to the following:

O makes your character use a non-damaging attack. The Attack will instead steal their Bravery Points (both players Bravery is displayed above their HP).

O can be comboed by rapidly tapping it.

X makes your character attack with a damaging attack. The damage the Attack does is equal to your Bravery. After hitting, your Bravery goes back down, so you need to steal somemore.

X attacks usually don't combo.

If you lose all your Bravery, oh no! You take more damage. Your bravery will fix itself eventually.

And lastly, if your Limit gauge is filled, you can press [-] after landing a O attack to do a limit attack.

And that's really all there is to it. Seriously. Steal Bravery, damage, steal more bravery, do more damage, LIMIT!!!!!!!1111eleven!@!!

And then there's the little details, like what attacks you wanna use. =3 It's like SSB, where you do a different attack depending on what direction you press when you press the button. Except you can CHOOSE which attacks to use.

To be more clear, you can customize your character so that they use specific attacks of your choosing. =O Like one person's Cloud may do a forward slash when you press O, but someone else's might do a double Slash instead. You know?

And the only other thing is dodging. Just press R and X together and your character does a dodge, which you should use often so that you don't get smacked for high damage. >_>

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't played many fighting games myself' date=' I've only played all the SSB games, all the others I didn't exactly enjoy.

My favorite is probably SSBB, since it is the only one that has an actual storyline and story mode in it.

[/quote']

Recently I've thought up a sort of... secondary story mode to SSBB. And it's rated M. Also, everything has a storyline. You just have to be creative enough to see it. ;D

Anyway, Dissidia does look awesome. Once I save up enough money I'll definitively see if I can go out and buy it.

X has Tidus' date=' Yuna, Rikku, Kimahri, and Auron.

XII only has Ashe, Balthier, Fran, and Basch, and Vaan and Penelo ruin their reputation.

[/quote']

If Vaan and Penelo are enough to ruin those 4 characters, then Wakka is enough to ruin 10 =P

Also, Tidus spends half his time wangsting.

Lulu wangsts over losing her last summoner a bit too much. Plus she enables Wakka to breed. I think that deserves the death penalty (insert joke about Vincent's weapon here).

Vaan's idiocy actually results in hilarity. Like asking Fran how old she is.

Wakka's idiocy involves attempting to traumatize Rikku >_>

Auron's ridiculous levels of win tremendously help though. Balthier has the same effect on FFXII.

Were we talking about fighting games?

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger

^ Epic Win

=/ At least Tidus' wangst is completely justified. I've brought this up before, but if any of you were ripped out of your lives and thrown into a land of Spiraling Death where everyday is a risk to die, I'm pretty sure you'd be wangsting too.

Lulu only wangts, briefly, when you get to that point in the game. Then she's over it.

And Vaan and Penelo don't RUIN XII; I think Rox was just pointing out that they're not great characters. Likewise, Wakka doesn't ruin X either.

While I haven't progressed much in X, I really don't mind Wakka. And yeah, Vaan and Penelo just aren't great characters. Their only purpose is togetherness, and I actually love to use Vaan as my main. Probably the biggest time of character development I've seen for him so far is at the Jahara where he talks to Ashe in the middle of the night, and that's it.

In the RP' date=' I think the Reverse Nobodies should have their own individual robes. I think the Reverse Nobodies should be based on the mind.

[/quote']

Hmmmmm, perhaps reverse Nobodies are the mind that is left over. When you take a heart, all that's left is your body, and it develops a mind of it's own, since the heart is the life giver and it cannot function. But what happens to your original brain? Does it roll around getting squished? What happens to the knowledge and the wisdom they once had?

So, Zex, this is where you come in and correct me and make me look like an idiot. Then, I slowly develop myself from you correcting me, until I am corrected and improved so much that I surpass you and your mind is your downfall. Or Lar comes in and kills me for no specific reason before that happens.

In the RP' date=' I think the Reverse Nobodies should have their own individual robes. I think the Reverse Nobodies should be based on the mind.

[/quote']

Hmmmmm, perhaps reverse Nobodies are the mind that is left over. When you take a heart, all that's left is your body, and it develops a mind of it's own, since the heart is the life giver and it cannot function. But what happens to your original brain? Does it roll around getting squished? What happens to the knowledge and the wisdom they once had?

Word of advice: Never mix Fantasy and Science. Just assume that inside the body there is only a soul and Valentine's Day heart surrounded by blood. Gallons of it.

[/quote']

Word of advice: Never mix Fantasy and Science. Just assume that inside the body there is only a soul and Valentine's Day heart surrounded by blood. Gallons of it.

Well I tried. It's all I got. How about this:

We just don't know where they came from.

I think they were attempting to give Vaan a bigger role in the story' date=' but then they just started focusing on the other characters instead and Vaan was pushed to the side.

[/quote']

Basch was supposed to be the protagonist and Vaan and Penelo would simply be minor characters. The developers found Vaan and Penelo more interesting over the course of development and decided to make Vaan the hero.

What other Final Fantasy games had "epic mentors" like Auron and Balthier?

In Kh:

Person = Body + Heart + Mind

Heart = xLight, and xDarkness. This is variable depending on the individual.

Mind = xWillpower, xRegular Brain Stuff

Body = Gallons of Blood and Standard Bone and Muscle

Heartless = Heart that has been corrupted. xDarkness determines what kind of Heartless is born.

xDarkness X 2 / 100 = ??? (Random made-up equation)

??? = If high enough, Heartless above Shadow is born. If not, Heart becomes a Shadow. If 0 Darkness exists, Heart does not corrupt, and migrates to a new vessel, one with emotional ties.

Nobody = When Heart gets stolen...

xWill X 2 / 100 = ??? (Random Made-Up Equation)

??? = If high enough, Body and Mind remain to create Nobody. Physical appearance becomes deformed, and memories become skewed.

If ??? is very, very high, Human-shape Nobody is born. Physical Appearance barely changes, and all memories and wisdom remain in-tact.

Reverse Nobody = These exist in Nexev's parallel Realm of Darkness scenario that I don't remember. Ask him about it.

I think they were attempting to give Vaan a bigger role in the story' date=' but then they just started focusing on the other characters instead and Vaan was pushed to the side.

[/quote']

Basch was supposed to be the protagonist and Vaan and Penelo would simply be minor characters. The developers found Vaan and Penelo more interesting over the course of development and decided to make Vaan the hero.

What other Final Fantasy games had "epic mentors" like Auron and Balthier?

I guess Angeal could count. However, he doesn't exactly end up as a mentor. He isn't one for very long either, inside the game, at least. Before the game, Angeal has been Zack's mentor for quite some time. We know this because it takes more than a few missions to become 1st Class, so he must've had some decent amount of experience.

@Zex: You pretty much summed up KH anatomy and biology right there. And also in most Fantasy anime. Except make the gallons of blood dozens of gallons of blood, and make it so high pressured that simply popping a zit will spew out enough of the red soda to sink the Titanic.

Or maybe KH has no blood, instead red blood cells travel through a colorless gas.

While we may need to use the mind to explain the doubles (However I suggest that the R-N are made from a person's Regret (this weighs the heart down and the persons willpower gives them form) for example, secretly Zexion might feel a pang of regret that he was a cloaked shemer, befriended by few and trusted by none. The result of said regret is Noixez a loudmouth who has an in-your-face manner.

The original idea is that in Darkness realm things are backwards. Thus they are Crusaders, (the equivilent of heartless) while heartless seak to grow and consume, Crusaders seek annihilation. They seek to rid the world of the stench of darkness, attacking those who are stained with it for said reason. They completly destroy the darkness in one's heart and cultivate the light so that thou may be purified. Yet the light cannot shine with out shadows and the inbalance destroys the heart. Yet one's will remains as the mind nor the body (since biology doesn't actually work in KH) were destroyed. The will gathers small elemental particles, (the exact formula of which is based on yopur personallity). Once enough elements linger around the body, the body absorbs them and uses it to sustain itself in the hearts place.

Archived