Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god that boss is so awesome.

It looks powerful and eeringly Lovecraftian at the same time. I don't know why anyone would cut that out. We could have fought that after Throne Xemmy, but what do we get? A freaking metal dragon. XD

Nah, Throne Xemmy was after the Dragon. Captain Seat Xemmy was before Metal Dragon. xD

And I dunno either, Reeks (that's your name), but I'm just reading. =3 That first pic says "King" as the Name, then there's a little paragraph saying something about the Nobody King, and "The Silhouette of The Nobody King".

And the second picture has the name "Kentauros" next to it.

So, that's my new nickname, now? TT_TT How degrading.

xD

Yeah, I haven't played KH2 in a long time. Ooooh, and "The Silhouette of the Nobody King"? That sounds really awesome. Maybe they might have planned it, but some hassle of some sort might have caused Nomura and his team to ditch it or something.

No, whats NEARLY impossible is this one optional heartless fight in 358/2 Days, its not so hard as it is LONG, like @ least half-an-hour to and hour long fight... I gave up after it kept killing me with it's fireball barrage and super ground shockwave. You have to Glide CONSTANTLY and you can only get a maximum of 3 hits on it (without it hitting you) before it does its super ground shockwave, then it will either glide to another spot (which does damage if you get hit by it), spin in place so that you get knocked back and take damage (if your close), or do a fireball barrage which will inevetably kill you if you get hit.

I call it a super ground shockwave, because it's just that! You WILL get hit by it if you are not gliding because it WILL cover 99/100ths of the area and its not worth the damage he will do to find that 1/100th of the area it wont hit (so just glide)... and I do not kid about the fireball barrage, if that first one hits you and you dont have an auto-revive equipped (or if the auto- revive has already been used up for that mission) you WILL die, because they hit in quick succession and there is no way to dodge/recover when being hit (unless you have auto-revive). Also, there is an endless swarm of shadow heartless on the ground which can be a B*tch if you have auto-lock on, so glide...

No Davvy, Reeks is Riku's name. xD

But yeah, it does sound cool, right? Maybe we'll get to see this Nobody King in a future installment.

@Lux: That sounds difficult and all, but with all due respect, you have been known to find certain aspects of certain games challenging when others found them relatively easy... >_> I'm just saying, I won't call any boss "nearly impossible" until I've fought it myself.

No' date=' whats NEARLY impossible is this one optional heartless fight in 358/2 Days, its not so hard as it is LONG, like @ least half-an-hour to and hour long fight... I gave up after it kept killing me with it's fireball barrage and super ground shockwave. You have to Glide CONSTANTLY and you can only get a maximum of 3 hits on it (without it hitting you) before it does its super ground shockwave, then it will either glide to another spot (which does damage if you get hit by it), spin in place so that you get knocked back and take damage (if your close), or do a fireball barrage which will inevetably kill you if you get hit.

I call it a super ground shockwave, because it's just that! You WILL get hit by it if you are not gliding because it WILL cover 99/100ths of the area and its not worth the damage he will do to find that 1/100th of the area it wont hit (so just glide)... and I do not kid about the fireball barrage, if that first one hits you and you dont have an auto-revive equipped (or if the auto- revive has already been used up for that mission) you WILL die, because they hit in quick succession and there is no way to dodge/recover when being hit (unless you have auto-revive). Also, there is an endless swarm of shadow heartless on the ground which can be a B*tch if you have auto-lock on, so glide...

[/quote']

Woah. That seems..........impossible.

No Davvy' date=' Reeks is Riku's name. xD

But yeah, it does sound cool, right? Maybe we'll get to see this Nobody King in a future installment.

@Lux: That sounds difficult and all, but with all due respect, you [i']have[/i] been known to find certain aspects of certain games challenging when others found them relatively easy... >_> I'm just saying, I won't call any boss "nearly impossible" until I've fought it myself.

The Keyblades you get are either really quick and do little damage, or really slow and moderately powerful. Then again, they may dumb it down for the American version and I was also playing on Medium (not easy) (not Pround mode)... and you know what they say: Their Easy is our Medium, their Medium is our Hard, and their Hard is our WTF!?

=/ That's not true at all. I don't know where you heard that, but it's fallacy.

The difficulty levels in the Japanese and English versions of KH, CoM, KH2, and ReCoM have always been exactly the same. There is no difference in difficulty between them.

If anything, the American version is the one that gets harder because they have more time to add a few things (such as adding the Fights against Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, Ice Titan, and Phantom in the English KH).

The only Japanese games that are ever harder than the English ones are Final Mix versions, which are also harder than their previous Japanese versions.

=/ That's not true at all. I don't know where you heard that' date=' but it's fallacy.

The difficulty levels in the Japanese and English versions of KH, CoM, KH2, and ReCoM have always been exactly the same. There is no difference in difficulty between them.

If anything, the American version is the one that gets harder because they have more time to add a few things (such as adding the Fights against Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, Ice Titan, and Phantom in the English KH).

The only Japanese games that are ever harder than the English ones are Final Mix versions, which are also harder than their previous Japanese versions.

[/quote']

Lol thats why I said "You know what THEY say"

*Luxlord thought of his mother*

Play-Asia has KH2FM+ for ~$35, and swap magic for ~$30. Guess what I'm getting in a few days/weeks? =D

...Although, I still need to reserve Days and Dissidia. ;.;

Anyway, the boss is extremely awesome looking. I can just picture it rising out of The World That Never Was and crushing a few buildings or something. I would've loved to fought it. x3

No Davvy' date=' Reeks is Riku's name. xD

[/quote']

That would be awesome. Maybe as an Extra Boss or something.

Oh, by the way, posted in TAS if your interested.

I think that the second king fight (with the ship and all) should have been replaced by that. After Xemnas's king form is defeated, they act truiphant and leave. But before Sora and Riku can go the area shakes. Xemnas is still alive and using the powers of kingdom hearts, has fused with The World that Never Was. The castle breaks apart and the pieces of the City rise up and form around the heart making the second picture enemy. However as they fall, Sora calls the gumni ship and thus begins the first true boss fight on a gumni ship (it's similar to fighting the Ghost Ship, but with a life bar and occasionally reaction commands). After it is damaged enough the Heros get inside and find the first picture enemy inside. It speaks in Xemnas's voice and taunts them, knocking away the gumni ship away. Sora and Riku get out and fight it like they did in the second king fight. They fly towards him dodging attacks and fight Xemnas on the inside of the crown. Then Xemnas knocks them back and repeat. Finally Final Form Xemnas shows up.

However the game probably did not have enough room.

The battle should have been this:

1) Xemnas

2) Dragon Castle

3) Captain Seat Xemnas

4) Metal Dragon

5) Throne Xemnas

6) Nobody King

7) Kentauros

8) King Xemnas (Armored Xemnas, but he's not sitting on the chair. He's actually moving around)

9) Final Xemnas

I demand to see those two in a future game.

The battle should have been this:

1) Xemnas

2) Dragon Castle

3) Captain Seat Xemnas

4) Metal Dragon

5) Throne Xemnas

6) Nobody King

7) Kentauros

8) King Xemnas (Armored Xemnas' date=' but he's not sitting on the chair. He's actually moving around)

9) Final Xemnas

I demand to see those two in a future game.

[/quote']

I believe the dragon battle could have been much more interesting, and much more challenging. :/ I understand that the thought process and battle concept was indeed full of dedication, but it was far too easy.

If anything, Final Xemnas could have been more challenging as well. I would like to see more clone action. 8)

xD This is why my motto is "Final Mix is the answer to your prayers". Kuchiki, if you can get ahold of KH2FM, you'll find Final Xemnas (especially his Data Form) to be much, much more challenging than just about any other boss in the game, save Terra.

@Rox: Yeah, I pretty much agree completely.

In fact, how many battles were in the final battle of Kingdom Hearts 1?

1) Ansem

2) Darkside

3) Ansem

4) World of Chaos

5) Room Core

6) Artillery

7) Room Core

8) Face

9) Room Core

10) Main Core

11) World of Chaos

Seriously, the final battle of Kingdom Hearts II was just barely half the length of the final battle in Kingdom Hearts I. I'll let Chain of Memories slide because of the battle system. However, I know about 358/2 Days, and that was certainly a disappointment.

I seriously hope Birth by Sleep does a good job for the final battle. I have never fought a sequential boss that lasted more than four straight rounds as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmmm, you pointing that out Roxas annoys me. They should've put more effort into it. Now I feel better because I just heard a freecreditreport.com commercial.

They should've put in more clones in the final boss, and I personally love reaction commands, so some more of those would be cool.

1) Xemnas (Insanely easy)

2) Dragon Castle (Fun, but still easy)

3) Captain Seat Xemnas (EASY)

4) Metal Dragon (Meh)

5) Throne Xemnas (Annoying as hell, and actually a little bit challenging)

6) Final Xemnas (Difficult)

I'm not going to go into detail about Kingdom Hearts I, because I don't think I have ever played that on Proud Mode.

Well' date=' to be fare, the Final Battles in KH1 were all pretty freaking easy (the second Ansem fight was the only remotely challenging one).

KH2 went with Quality over Quantity, I think. And I can be perfectly happy with that.

[/quote']

True, but I'm sure they could've added one more. Then again, I think that's just the I-can't-believe-I've-done-everything-in-the-game part of me speaking.

Archived