Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff about time.

Time' date=' in and of itself, is an abstract concept to begin with - to believe that something outside of time cannot truly exist is inaccurate.

Time is little more than a concept we use to mark the progression of events, but it is not actually something that is [i']there[/i]. For example, if for whatever reason, the whole world stopped around you, Nex, you would still exist, would you not?

Despite the fact that you would technically be living outside of time, you would still exist while the rest of the world stood still.

If one somehow possessed the ability to halt eventual progression, or "Time Control", it is perfectly within reason that they could halt the progression of age within themselves while allowing progress around them to continue, thus rendering themselves an "Immortal who lives outside of time", while still existing.

Ah but can you due that to a concept?

Also if time stopped for me than it will truely look like I just did from suicide (considering I wouldn't age or get harmed unintentionally and the rest of my life would be in a period of 0 seconds, I'll probably commit suicide as my sanity will be slowly eroded until I am convinced that the only way for time to continue would be my death (and all of that would happen in one moment of time that has no unit for how small it can be)).

Time being halted is a horrifying thing if you think about it.

Except, if you halt all progressions of events in your personal space, then literally nothing would happen. Even if it seems that nothing is happening, something is still happening as progression.

@Nex: But the point I was making was that you would still exist. And again, time does not truly exist; if all progression around you had stopped, it would still be just that - a halt of progression in any kind.

Meaning that "time" as you know it would still be moving, for you. And, from your point of view, time would still be moving for the "frozen" individuals around you. The concept of time is all relative.

If "time" were to "unfreeze" then, for all those people, and progression was reenabled, only for them to find that you were suddenly dead, it might seem to them that your death was instantaneous, as they never saw it, but for all they know, "time" could have been frozen for several years.

A Halt of Progression only applies to those it affects - someone who would be unaffected by such a phenomena would still perceive a passage of time, despite lack of progression around them, and would still exist.

@Nex: But the point I was making was that you would still exist. And again' date=' time does not truly exist; if all progression around you had stopped, it would still be just that - a halt of progression in any kind.

Meaning that "time" as you know it would still be moving, for you. And, from your point of view, time would still be moving for the "frozen" individuals around you. The concept of time is all relative.

If "time" were to "unfreeze" then, for all those people, and progression was reenabled, only for them to find that you were suddenly dead, it might seem to them that your death was instantaneous, as they never saw it, but for all they know, "time" could have been frozen for several years.

A Halt of Progression only applies to those it affects - someone who would be unaffected by such a phenomena would still perceive a passage of time, despite lack of progression around them, and would still exist.

[/quote']

Time Controlling is epic. >=3

Gentlemen (and Xirno)' date=' the stegosaurus. [b']Discuss[/b].

I know where you got that, let's see, the Stegosaurus was the dinosaur equivalent of a minefield since they won't harm you if you avoid them but are deadly if you hit one.

DnD = Dungeons and Dragons.

I wouldn't play such a thing. It's. . . too nerdy for me.

Oh shut up' date=' Marvel >_>

[spoiler=As for dinosaurs, I'm rather fond of this guy:']

Liopleurodon.jpg

I don't know who Marvel is, but he ain't me, Xemnas. You make me want to shove my foot down your throat for saying something so idiotic.

Liopleurodon.jpg

I don't know who Marvel is, but he ain't me, Xemnas. You make me want to shove my foot down your throat for saying something so idiotic.

>_>

Someone didn't get the reference.

And thank you for the offer, but I prefer the breast meat of my poultry rather than the leg.

Liopleurodon.jpg

>_>

And thank you for the offer, but I prefer the breast meat of my poultry rather than the leg.

I'm tempted to sick Cory on you. >.>

Liopleurodon.jpg

>_>

I'm tempted to sick Cory on you. >.>

You can't sick your dog because I'm not wearing meat.

Or are you? Dun Dun Dun!

Who's dumb enough to wear meat?

Owait' date=' we are all meat.

[/quote']

Actually, I am made out of fiberglass and Nethicite.

Anyway, Bambiraptor > Stegosuarus, only because I like it's name. Bambi ftw.

=/ Well excuse me for having extensive theories on Time' date=' Ramanga.

And the Triceratops is WAY cooler than the Stego.

[/quote']

Triceratops are the tanks of the prehistoric world, T-rex are the artillery strike.

Sakuya, I want you to find the first post where I mentioned Nethicite was mentioned, that seems a running gag.

Archived