I am in despair! My lack of manga to read has left me in despair!

Recommend me something good to read.

Finished or currently following:

Bakuman

Code Breaker

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Code Geass - Nightmare of Nunnally

Death Note

Doubt

Liar Game

Mirai Nikki

Mirai Nikki - Mosaic

Mirai Nikki - Paradox

Monster

Pokemon Special

Psyren

School Days

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Dropped:

Akagi (because I don't know a thing about Mah Jongg or however you spell it)

Detective Conan (absolutely nothing but filler from chapter two onwards)

Fruits Basket (got about halfway through, then got tired of it; also, hated Tohru, and realized that I was only reading it because all the male characters were cute)

School Rumble (got tired of it)

Hmmm, I might try Vampire Knight. Looks decent.

Naruto has been doing much better than you think' date=' Crab, so read that.

[/quote']

I have heard that it's gotten much better recently. However, generic shounen battle mangas aren't really my thing (there's a reason that only one or two from my list falls into that category), and I am rather deterred by the fact that it's at ~450 chapters with no end in sight.

Hmmm' date=' I might try Vampire Knight. Looks decent.

Naruto has been doing much better than you think, Crab, so read that.

I have heard that it's gotten much better recently. However, generic shounen battle mangas aren't really my thing (there's a reason that only one or two from my list falls into that category), and I am rather deterred by the fact that it's at ~450 chapters with no end in sight.

444 to be exact, but the possibility of an ending is in more plain sight than Bleach. It has a lot of plot lines it needs to get through, but it will end eventually. Furthermore, it cares about the plot (The part of it that doesn't include fighting) and character development more than some other Shounen Anime/Mangas. Yes, there are a lot of chapters, but it's more original than Code Geass at least (Which reminds me, I need to read Nightmare of Nunally), although whether or not it's better is still up for debate, since longer doesn't as mean it's better. As for the scenes that do include fights, pretty much none of them are done via children's trading card games.

I have heard that it's gotten much better recently. However' date=' generic shounen battle mangas aren't really my thing (there's a reason that only one or two from my list falls into that category), and I am rather deterred by the fact that it's at ~450 chapters [b']with no end in sight.[/b]

Kishi said he was gonna end it around 500. Makes sense considering whats going on.

Also; funk YEAH, MIRAI NIKKI >_>

Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro.

It's Detective Conan with a bishounen demon. This is awesome.

Also' date=' Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei.

[/quote']

Watching the anime instead. Plus, I've obviously already seen or read some of it, given the topic title.

Also' date=' Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei.

[/quote']

Watching the anime instead. Plus, I've obviously already seen or read some of it, given the topic title.

I'd guessed as much, but "I'm in despair! blank has left me in despair!" Is kind of a meme now. I have friends who have never seen the show but reference it.

Archived