Gladiator Beasts Deck (yeah, again, boring? No :P)

I have to admit, the idea behind GB's actually appealed me so much, that I made a Deck around them, then finding out they are used a GREAT amount of deal. But still, they just are like my playstyle, recycling etc. Still, the Deck :).

Monsters:

Monsters:

Effect Monsters

* Elemental Hero Prisma

* Gladiator Beast Alexander

* Gladiator Beast Bestiari

* Gladiator Beast Dimacari x3

* Gladiator Beast Equeste

* Gladiator Beast Hoplomus

* Gladiator Beast Laquari x3

* Gladiator Beast Murmillo x3

* Gladiator Beast Octavius x3

* Gladiator Beast Samnite x2

* Gladiator Beast Secutor x3

* Gladiator Beast Spartacus

* Gladiator Beast Torax

* Phantom of Chaos

* Test Tiger x2

* Rescue Cat x2

Fusion Monsters

* Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz x3

* Gladiator Beast Gyzarus x3

* Gladiator Beast Heraklinos x3

Spells:

Spells:

* Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts x3

* Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield

* Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd

* Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica x2

* Gladiator Beast's Respite

* Gladiator Proving Ground

* Gladiator's Return

* Indomitable Gladiator Beast

* Terraforming

* Kaiser Colosseum

* Field Barrier

Traps:

Traps:

* Defensive Tactics x2

* Disarm x3

* Double Tag Team

* Gladiator Beast War Chariot x3

* Parry x3

* Waboku x3

* Divine Wrath x2

Strategy:

Strategy:

First thing is first, the Strategy is that this Deck using Murmillo to destroy monsters, so far... I don't duel alot (only online) but it works like a charm, this deck that is. And I mean really like a charm, so why change a winning team? Ehm, still I like to get some criticism out here, so I can make it even better. But let's see, it's depended on what my opponent does actually. I destroy monsters with Murmillo effect. And Heraklinos will finish him off when I get down to it.

FAQ:

FAQ:

Q: 60 cards and 3 of every Fusion?

A: Yeah, reason of 3 of every Fusion is because, I use only those 3. I don't use the Extra Deck for any other reason then those 3. And if I can have them 3 times in the Extra Deck (in case a miracle happens and someone destroys one of them), I always have 2 remaining in my deck. The reason for 60 cards is also simple, but at least in my opinion. I think GB-Decks are not good for 40 cards in your deck, for the simple reason: You DON'T want to draw one, you want to keep your strongest GB's in your deck, so that you can Special Summon them. One point I had 2 Murmillo's in the graveyard, and when I was about to Special Summon him to get him on the field, I drawn him. Making it impossible to get it's effect across (this was when I had 40 cards). Also, you can recycle every one anyway, the ones you don't want but could be useful (like the equips) don't have a lot of draw-possibility. But the ones you do want do have it, but it also means the one you want to keep in your deck (like Alexander for instance) are not being drawn like that so easilly. So I guess this is one deck where 60-cards limit is in order. And it's fun to see mill-deck-users their reaction.

Q: Why Secutor, he's useless, you can't let him stay alive

A: On the wikia in another GB-deck (not mine) this discussion seems to be going. So I set it here just in case. Secutor is NOT useless, in fact, he's one of your more organizers. There are plenty of cards to defend him, and to let his effect come across, which is 2 GB's from deck. You see what this can do to the Coliseum? Besides, a pretty good time later you have about 5/6 counters on it, then summon Secutor and he's then a bit more reasonable. The reason why they given him low ATK is because it's "when-I-get-attacked-or-attack-myself"-effect needs to have a downside. So I think Secutor is one of the best ones.

Q: No "Monster Reborn" or fill in every card EVERYONE uses

A: So far, I hate decks full with this crap, sorry... Monster Reborn (just an example now) is too overused. Besides, what can I do from my graveyard, maybe my opponents graveyard... but so what? I think in this deck, it's more a dead-draw... besides, what should I remove then instead, this deck has maximum cards (see reasoning above)

Q: Overused Monster Reborn, then why make a GB-deck which ALSO is overused?

A: Because I like their playing-style. That's it! That THEY are overused doesn't matter, since not everyone uses them. Unlike Monster Reborn. One time GB-decks get less and less used, and I would then still use them. Because they suit my fancy... versatility. Problem then is, people stop using them because there are stronger alternatives. But I don't care then :).

Q: Any more?

A: This is one of those decks I'm actually willing for to buy in real life (my real life deck is like a compilation of every card which is good who I collected). But not before I know for absolute certainty that this deck can at least own a few people. Also, I always fancy a duel on YVD... (OCG-mode). So that I can test this baby against a few other people besides some of my friends. I do have a little problem connecting though, so... you need to open a chat with me to help me a little bit.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!! IT BURNSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Better Gladiator Beast Deck

The Better Gladiator Beast Deck

Monsters:

Monsters:

Effect Monsters

* Elemental Hero Prisma x2

* Gladiator Beast Bestiari

* Gladiator Beast Equeste x3

* Gladiator Beast Laquari x3

* Gladiator Beast Murmillo x3

* Gladiator Beast Samnite x3

* Gladiator Beast Secutor x3

* Test Tiger x3

* Rescue Cat x2

Fusion Monsters

* Gladiator Beast Gyzarus x3

* Gladiator Beast Heraklinos x3

Spells:

Spells:

* Gladiator Proving Ground x3

* Monster Reborn

* MST

* Heavy Storm

* Brain Control

* Giant Trunade

* Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:

Traps:

* Gladiator Beast War Chariot x3

* Waboku x3

* Solemn Judgment x3

* Mirror Force

* Torrential Tribute

FAQ:

FAQ:

Q: What would happen if i do not take the Changes posted here?

A: You suck at this game' date=' No questions asked

Q: Why these Changes?

A: Because the cards i took out Suck in the deck, and the cards i put in are better for the deck

[/quote']

Your reasonings for Keeping Secutor alive are useless, in fact Secutor's effect goes off even when he is killed (I think)

Mmmm, thanks for the comment... but...

Mirror Force? Ehm, isn't it the idea that I want them to attack? Which is why I don't have it, because it negates an attack. Same thing with Swords of Revealing Light. And Gladiator Proving Grounds why I don't like having 3 versions of it. And besides, what exactly besides "Waboku" is going to protect my monsters from harm, and I can still attack? In that deck then yes, you can take out the Secutor. Since it has no place in it, because then... yes, it gets easily destroyed.

I can however relate to Giant Trunade, an aditional Test Tiger, MST, Heavy Storm, Brain Control and MAYBE just MAYBE Torrential Tribute and Monster Reborn as well (only for my opponents monsters though). But ehm... no, not like this :P.

Murmillo is my ace-monster to do the destruction as hell, and most of the time it is protected. I am thinking now thanks to your post of an Additional Test Tiger and Brain Control/Monster Reborn. For a small back-up plan.

Btw, I really needed to also add this so my mistake, this is OCG mode, and Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz stays... even if you remove the fusion materials like that. The reason? There is also a tiny small possibility that you still obtain one of these fusion-materials. Like the use of ehm. Prisma?

And nope, I read the exact opposite, everyone is telling me they really need to survive the battle, and still be on the field at the end of the Battle Phase (yeah, I thought it could also happen from the grave before ;P).

Archived