Who's the Magician with the Pointy Hat?

arkel

I'll admit it Sephiroth - I copied you on this one. Stop having such good ideas xD.

Monsters -19-

3x Dark Magician

3x Skilled Dark Magician

3x Diamond Dude

3x Prisma

2x Toon Gemini Elf

2x Summon Priest

1x Fear Monger

1x Stratos

1x Chaos Sorcerer

Spells -19-

3x Dark Magic Attack

3x TToC

3x Magical Dimension

2x Thousand Knives

2x D-Draw

2x Allure

1x Dark Magic Curtain

1x Heavy Storm

1x Monster Reborn

1x RotA

Traps -2-

2x Birthright

Total: 40

Extra (15)

1x Dark Flare Knight (who needs Dark Paladin?)

14x Generic

I'd run Swings over Birthrights, the lack of speed of Births will hurt.

You've got 2 Prismas, so I'd add another Flare/Pally.

3 DMAs looks a little heavy, especially with such a high amount of chainables being run. I'd neg 1 and 2 Births for 3 Swings.

Why're you running DMG? Seriously, the hell? Fanboyism? Neg for a 3rd Prisma and swap out another generic for a Pally/Flare.

You might also want to consider adding Summoner Monks, you also might want to consider Foolish.

Why in the world should I run Swings? Unless I'm running DEW (which I'm not), it's near useless. Yes, I can bring him back for a quick DMA or TK, but that's it.

You only need 1 Flare Knight. Prisma reveals the fusion monster - not send it to the Graveyard.

DM will constantly be out, so 3 DMA isn't a problem. With 5 ways to clear my opponent's S/Ts, they'll be on their toes.

DMG is there for an easy-to-summon beatstick with Magician's Circle. She was sort of a filler though - removed for Magical Examplar.

Give me reasons for Summon Priest.

Prisma is better than Foolish.

Toon Table added.

Deck updated with other changes.

Why in the world should I run Swings? Same reasons you'd run Birthright' date=' except that Swing's DH-DDable, faster, a Spell, etc. Sure you don't keep the DM on the field, but how often is your opponent NOT going to just run over it anyway? Especially since they can just kill Birthright to do so if they don't have any monster removal. You only need the DM for immediate use.

You only need 1 Flare Knight. Prisma reveals the fusion monster - not send it to the Graveyard. [b']Right you are, wrong I am, nvm.

DM will constantly be out, so 3 DMA isn't a problem. With 5 ways to clear my opponent's S/Ts, they'll be on their toes. I'd still side 1 or 2, because you're definitely not going to need 3 against Decks like LS, where the few Traps they DO run are chainable anyway. That being said, this Deck would be much better off with a Side Deck. I'd build one.

DMG is there for an easy-to-summon beatstick with Magician's Circle. She was sort of a filler though - removed for Magical Examplar. If you want a circle beatstick, Marionette > DMG. But yeah Exemplar works.

Give me reasons for Summon Priest. Sure thing, it's a Spellcaster, and you run many Spells, so the cost isn't as much of an issue as per usual, not to mention you can get a quick Prisma/Stratos/Snipe/Diamond/Herald/Exemplar/Monger, all of which are great in a pinch.

Prisma is better than Foolish. Have you ever thought about what might happen if you DON'T draw into Prisma/Stratos? You'll have 1 other monster as Chaos food, and no way to get DM in the Grave. (Except maybe Curtain but w/e.) Anyway, you have far too much dependence on Prisma here to not run it in 3s. Btw, forget Foolish, you should be okay without it, but RotA is an absolute must. Neg a Fear Monger and maybe a copy of Thousand Knives for a third Prisma and a RotA.

Toon Table added. Good.

Deck updated with other changes.

See how that works out for ya.

Toon Table works a lot better if you have a way to make ends meet.

(Toon Gemini Elf/Masked Sorcerer)

I know' date=' I was debating on what Toon to use. I've decided on Toon Gemini Elf.[hr']

@Polaris:

Same reasons you'd run Birthright, except that Swing's DH-DDable, faster, a Spell, etc. Sure you don't keep the DM on the field, but how often is your opponent NOT going to just run over it anyway? Especially since they can just kill Birthright to do so if they don't have any monster removal. You only need the DM for immediate use. I'll test with both and see which is more suitable.

I'd still side 1 or 2, because you're definitely not going to need 3 against Decks like LS, where the few Traps they DO run are chainable anyway. That being said, this Deck would be much better off with a Side Deck. I'd build one. If I come across a deck like that, I'll just side out DMA.

Sure thing, it's a Spellcaster, and you run many Spells, so the cost isn't as much of an issue as per usual, not to mention you can get a quick Prisma/Stratos/Snipe/Diamond/Herald/Exemplar/Monger, all of which are great in a pinch. Summon Priest added.

RotA is an absolute must Already have 1.

id add maybe 2-3 Arcane Barrier just dont know what you should take out

I'm debating removing the Allures for them. Probably not though' date='

Also, deck update.

[/quote']

don't use arcane barrier, in this type of build, your spellcasters need to be on the field for as long as possible, arcane barrier is best used with apprentice engine, not just with general spellcasters.

don't use arcane barrier' date=' in this type of build, your spellcasters need to be on the field for as long as possible, arcane barrier is best used with apprentice engine, not just with general spellcasters.

[/quote']

If I decide to neg Arcane Barrier, what do I put in its place?

don't use arcane barrier' date=' in this type of build, your spellcasters need to be on the field for as long as possible, arcane barrier is best used with apprentice engine, not just with general spellcasters.

[/quote']

If I decide to neg Arcane Barrier, what do I put in its place?

I would suggest lighting vortex. diamond dude can trigger it, and

it gives you a field clear combo as well.

I would suggest lighting vortex. diamond dude can trigger it' date=' and

it gives you a field clear combo as well.

[/quote']

Right now Arcane Barrier is working pretty well, so I'll keep it for a while.

what's your avg. draw with it?

Usually 3, I've gotten 4 a few times though.

Archived