+ and -

I decided to make a CureBurn deck for fun on DMU, and it seems to do pretty well (I've dueled with it at least 3 times and haven't lost yet). Icyblue can attest to this ;)

I just wanted to get opinions on anything I could improve (it seems to do a little poorly if my opponent gets a powerful monster out fast, as I don't have a whole lot of monster destruction/protection from attacks).

[10] MONSTERS

[3]Fire Trooper Stealth Bird

[2]Mystic Tomato

[3]Nurse Reficule the Fallen One

[1]Sangan

[1]Snipe Hunter Marshmallon

[16] SPELLS

[2]Chain Strike

[1]Heavy Storm Giant Trunade

[3]Meteor of Destruction

[1]Monster Reborn

[3]Soul Taker

[3]Tremendous Fire

[3]Upstart Goblin

[14] TRAPS

[1]Accumulated Fortune Gravity Bind

[3]Bad Reaction to Simochi

[3]Gift Card

[1]Mirror Force

[2]Reckless Greed

[3]Secret Barrel

[1]Torrential Tribute

-1 Gift Card

+1 Jinzo

Because your opponent will clearly try and destroy your Bad Reaction to Simochi. And the most straightforward way is to use Traps.

-3 Reckless Greed

+2 Bistro Butcher

+1 Des Koala

Reckless Greed just gets your later draws away. Bistro Butcher + Des Koala is cool for a burn deck.

-3 Tremendous Fire

+3 Ookazi

Tremedous Fire will just make your opponent pick on your Life Points easily, as you don't have any cards to battle strong monsters.

Also, you may try adding a few Hammer Shots, or Greed to support the Bistro Butcher combo, Swords of Revealing/Concealing Light.

-1 Gift Card

+1 Jinzo

Because your opponent will clearly try and destroy your Bad Reaction to Simochi. And the most straightforward way is to use Traps.

Jinzo would just stop my own traps....that doesn't seem like it would be helpful.

-3 Reckless Greed

+2 Bistro Butcher

+1 Des Koala

Reckless Greed just gets your later draws away. Bistro Butcher + Des Koala is cool for a burn deck.

With only 1 Koala it seems hard to pull off well.

-3 Tremendous Fire

+3 Ookazi

Tremedous Fire will just make your opponent pick on your Life Points easily' date=' as you don't have any cards to battle strong monsters.[/quote']

In all my duels so far, losing 1500 LP compared to them losing 3000 was unimportant. When I said that it was a little poor in attacks, I meant that it could take up to a couple turns to get rid of one of their more powerful monsters so it would get to attack once, maybe twice. In that case, 1500 LP doesn't matter much.

Also' date=' you may try adding a few Hammer Shots, or Greed to support the Bistro Butcher combo, Swords of Revealing/Concealing Light.

[/quote']

I don't want to take away from the general cure/burn aspect just to add a possible higher-ish burn combo that would be hard to pull off because I'd need exactly the right cards all together at the same time.

-3 Fire Trooper

+3 Stealth Bird

IMO, Fire Trooper only works with Limit Reverse, and Stealth Bird is reusable.

If you're feeling saucy, try this:

-3 Meteor of Destruction

-3 Tremendous Fire

+3 Black Garden

+3 Just Deserts

Garden/Just Deserts is a sick combo, not to mention that Black Garden helps you out by slowing the opponent down and weakening their monsters to the extent that they won't be able to run over your Stealth Birds. Just Deserts will also give you more material for Chain Strike.

Finally, if you feel that the deck needs additional stall, you can play around with Level Limit - Area B, Gravity Bind and Messenger of peace.

Hope this helps =)

I may do the first suggestion, but I'm hesitant to use Black Garden (it would be so much to remember to do every turn :P).

Clarification question, though. If Stealth Bird is face-up and I use the effect to flip it face-down, can I then flip it back face-up the same turn and get the effect (assuming I haven't changed it's position already this turn)?

-1 Gift Card

+1 Jinzo

Jinzo? In a Trap-Based Deck? What?

-3 Reckless Greed

+2 Bistro Butcher

+1 Des Koala

Reckless Greeds can be chained to each other' date=' followed by Accumulated Fortune, thus allowing you to draw eight cards (+4) in one turn, and only causing you to skip two of your Draw Phases. Although, that combo is a bit situational. Nonetheless, it's much better than running Bistro Butcher and/or Des Koala.[/b']

-3 Tremendous Fire

+3 Ookazi

Tremedous Fire will just make your opponent pick on your Life Points easily, as you don't have any cards to battle strong monsters.

No. Just no.

Also, you may try adding a few Hammer Shots, or Greed to support the Bistro Butcher combo, Swords of Revealing/Concealing Light.

Swords of Revealing Light is the only good suggestion you made there.

I hadn't really taken Stealth Bird into consideration when I made the draft list for you. Akira does have a point; Stealth Bird might be better than Fire Trooper in here.

I'm not a fan of the Black Garden idea, though.

For those of you who say this deck fails *cough*tea leaf*cough*, I want you to know I've only lost once when using this deck. Only once. I've won the other dozen or more times against various deck types. So, lrn2playbetter.

I will consider adding some stall, though, as it has been a close call in some of those duels. Any suggestions on what specifically to add for stall?

For those of you who say this deck fails *cough*tea leaf*cough*' date=' I want you to know I've only lost once when using this deck. Only once. I've won the other dozen or more times against various deck types. So, lrn2playbetter.

I will consider adding some stall, though, as it has been a close call in some of those duels. Any suggestions on what specifically to add for stall?

[/quote']

Level Limit Area B

Gravity Bind

Threatening Roar

Marshmallon/Spirit Reaper

-3 Tremendous Fire

-3 Meteor of Destuction (when you need it is when you can't use it)

+1 Marshmallon

+1 Level Limit Area-B

+1 Gravity Bind

+3 Poison of the Old Man (helps build up Chain Strike)

btw burn/stall isn't a great deck. If someone has a Prime Material Dragon sided, you're screwed

-3 Tremendous Fire

-3 Meteor of Destuction (when you need it is when you can't use it)

+1 Marshmallon

+1 Level Limit Area-B

+1 Gravity Bind

+3 Poison of the Old Man (helps build up Chain Strike)

btw burn/stall isn't a great deck. If someone has a Prime Material Dragon sided' date=' you're screwed

[/quote']

That's why you side stuff that gets rid of PMD.

Treme is in there so you gain XXX' date=' and he loses XXX

[/quote']

Read the card better.

-1 Acc Fortune

-3 Reckless Greed

+3 Des Lacooda

+1 Level Limit Area B

Hmmm' date=' a draw engine...I'll have to think about this.[/b']

-1 Chain Strike

+1 Simochi

I think I'll replace a Reckless Greed with another Simochi instead.

-1 Heavy Storm

+1 Giant Trunade (You seem a little trap heavy)

Makes sense.

-1 T Fire

+1 Gravity Bind

Since I'm trap heavy already I decided to replace Acc Fortune with Gravity Bind instead.

-1 Secret Barrel

+1 Marshmallon

I replaced Snipe Hunter with Marshmallon. Seems like the monster destruction didn't really come in handy that often anyway.

Yay for bold!

Archived