Paper Tigers Normal Monster Exploit Deck

This took me literally a half-decade to build. I'm not joking, I started this deck in 2003 or so, and haven't stopped building, tearing down, and rebuilding it since. This, however, has major promise; I've been able to consistently beat my roommate with it (despite him having a pure Gladiator Beast deck; it all depends on whether I get my cards out before he gets Heraklinos out or not), and he's become PARANOID of it, as a result. The strategy is simple: use my Normal monsters and their support to screw with the opponent, then swoop in and take them out with my Effect Monsters. Believe me, it's more dangerous than you think.

Also, if you don't know what Moja is, it's a new Beast monster that's coming out in the next set (and will be released as a preview card in some tins coming out in a couple of days) that lets you return a level 4 Beast from your graveyard to your hand when it's destroyed by battle, which is good, since that encompasses most of my monsters and fits much better in with the fact that, other than the Symbols of Duty in my Side Deck, I have NO cards that can Special Summon, at all (that way, I screw the opponent out of using my Royal Oppressions against me).

Monsters

Tiger King Wanghu x2

The All-Seeing White Tiger x3

Soul Tiger x3

Tiger Axe x3

Amazoness Tiger x2

Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger x2

Sleeping Lion x3

Nekogal #1 x3

Sangan x1

Coach Goblin x2

Spell

The Big March of Animals x2

Swords of Revealing Light x1

Mystical Space Typhoon x1

Order to Charge x2

Wild Nature's Release x2

Creature Seizure x2

Burden of the Mighty x2

Double Summon x2

Heart of the Underdog x2

Trap:

Ultimate Offering x1

Dust Tornado x2

Dark Bribe x2

Wall of Revealing Light x1

Justi-Break x1

The Transmigration Prophecy x1

Royal Oppression x2

Side Deck:

Amulet of Ambition x2

Symbols of Duty x2

Common Charity x2

Justi-Break x1

Cry Havoc! x2

By Order of the Emperor x2

Moja x2

No offense, but you wasted nearly half a decade.

Isn't Sleeping Lion a Level 5 Vanilla with 700 ATK? I could be wrong about that one.

Vorse Raider? Where's he? He's probably the best Vanilla, save Gene-Warped Warwolf, that you could use.

Creature Swap > Creature Seizure

Mirror Force > Justi Break (Although I can understand this one, as Mirror Force is costly.)

Where's Snipe Hunter?

Smashing Ground/Fissure > Order to Charge

No Synchros?

No Tuners?

Tune Warrior is a Level 3 Tuner (Normal) monster.

You could have done this so much better.

*sigh* Is that all there there is, now? Just stupid "staples", insufferably broken DAD bait and idiotic Synchro brainwashing? You guys have no imagination or respect for an original deck whatsoever, do you?

For the record, I've been able to CONSISTENTLY beat my roommate with this deck, despite him dueling with a pure Gladiator Beast deck (one of the most powerful deck types currently being played); the only deciding factor is if he's able to get out Heraklinos before I'm able to wipe the floor with him (Gyzarus I laugh at, as its effect only goes off when it's Special Summoned, and I've got plenty of counters for it, whereas Heraklinos kills off ALL of my support, leaving me helpless...which is why I have Royal Oppression in there).

Also, you obviously missed the point of this deck; the vanillas are there to provide mostly fodder for Creature Seizure (use that instead of Creature Swap, so I won't be forced to sacrifice my good Effect monsters if the opponent chains a card to take out my only Normal monster), Order to Charge (Smashing Ground/Fissure only works on face-up monsters, while Order to Charge doesn't care which position the opponent's monster is, just that the Normal Monster I sacrifice for it is face-up), Justi-Break, and the support in my Side Deck. The Effect monsters are my big hitters (although with big March of Animals and Wild Nature's Release in combination with Burden of the Mighty, my vanillas are able to get pretty big, themselves). And if you're wondering why my Normal monsters are so weak, take a look at my side deck. See that? By Order of the Emperor. King Tiger Draw Spam, just in case my other drawing cards don't come through for me. Believe me, I've got this deck planned out, and it is NOT a waste, otherwise I wouldn't have won all the duels I have with it. This isn't built for Synchro exploitation or Snipe Hunter worship, this is a fun, useful, and powerful deck with a quirky theme that actually WORKS. And no, I'm not expecting to be able to beat everyone to the top of what would've been Regionals with this deck (I hate tournament play; so many prudish elitists...kinda like the people who just commented on this deck), and I have no illusions of it beating a traditional Dark Armed Synchro deck (though it would be interesting to see how well it fares against one), but it's balanced, it's got good flow, and the most important thing, it's been proven in several real-life duels to be a winner when played right, giving it proof of concept.

And Sleeping Lion is a level 4 with 700 ATK and 1700 DEF. I know, doesn't sound that good, but with most monsters being played not peaking 1600, it's still decent.

Absolutly awful

You guys have no imagination or respect for an original deck whatsoever' date=' do you?[/quote']

lulz. Obvious person who didn't search to the Your Deck forum is obvious.

Also' date=' you obviously missed the point of this deck; the vanillas are there to provide mostly fodder for Creature Seizure (use that instead of Creature Swap, so I won't be forced to sacrifice my good Effect monsters if the opponent chains a card to take out my only Normal monster)[/quote']

Quick, everybody stop running Creature Swap. The opponent might run a card that kills your opponent's monster.

Order to Charge (Smashing Ground/Fissure only works on face-up monsters' date=' while Order to Charge doesn't care which position the opponent's monster is, just that the Normal Monster I sacrifice for it is face-up)[/quote']

The diffirents between Order to Charge and Fissure/Smashing Ground is that with Order to Charge you are forced to use two cards (the cards itself and the Tributed monster), while Smahing Ground and Fissure are 1-1 removal; you aren't forced to give up field advange. Also, if you're worried that your opponent Sets their monsters, use Nobleman of Crossout.

Justi-Break

Eh' date=' Mirror Force is better, but on the other side, it's also more expensive. I can perfectly image why you run this.

and the support in my Side Deck.

You Side decked draw power, 2 Monsters Rebons (Symbols of Duty), a Mirror Force for Vanilla's, yet you main deck Double Summon, The Big March of Animals and Creature Seizure.

Why?

And if you're wondering why my Normal monsters are so weak' date=' take a look at my side deck. See that? By Order of the Emperor.

[/quote']

Yeah? So? Even if the effect of those monsters are negated, the controller still has a 2400 hitter and a free draw advange. Pulling the Rug does a better job.

King Tiger Draw Spam' date=' just in case my other drawing cards don't come through for me.

[/quote']

Once again, some cards you sided should be main decked.

This isn't built for Synchro exploitation or Snipe Hunter worship' date=' this is a fun, useful, and powerful deck with a quirky theme that actually WORKS.

[/quote']

People always use Synchro Monsters, because opponent's tuner monsters can be reborend with Monster Reborn and take control of the Tuner monster with Brain Control

and I have no illusions of it beating a traditional Dark Armed Synchro deck (though it would be interesting to see how well it fares against one)

TeleDAD is dead because of the March List.

And Sleeping Lion is a level 4 with 700 ATK and 1700 DEF. I know' date=' doesn't sound that good, but with most monsters being played not peaking 1600, it's still decent.

[/quote']

I actually took your post pretty serious until I readed this part.

You guys have no imagination or respect for an original deck whatsoever' date=' do you?[/quote']

But your using Amazoness Tiger, Without any other 'Amazoness' monsters.

And why the heck are you using Coach Goblin?

*is confused by this deck*

You guys are moronic, seriously; you've been so jaded with stupid cookie cutter DASynchro decks that you can't even appreciate a fresh and unique deck design, at all. "Add in Synchros! Add in Snipe Hunter! Add in Mirror Force and Creature Swap!" God, have you guys no imagination? And yes, I HAVE seen the various decks in this thread, and you wanna know what? Most of THEM you ALSO rip up as useless, unless it's Dark Armed Synchro or Lightsworn or some cookie cutter crap like that.

You're not looking at the cards in my deck in the context of its strategy, just whether or not your elitist bias sees them as any better as the staple crap you've been spoiled on by your moneybucks daddies. Let me break this down for you, so you MIGHT be able to understand:

1. First of all, as I said, this deck is almost solely focused on NORMAL SUMMONING, not Special Summoning, hence the Cry Havocs, Ultimate Offerings (which I may scrap the former for a second copy of the latter, since it's now semi-limited), and Double Summons; they help me swarm the field just as well as a bunch of mass-Special Summons. That's part of the reason why I love using Royal Oppression in this deck; not only does it let me nuke the opponent's Synchros and Dark Armed Dragon and whatnot on command, but since my deck isn't focused on Special Summons, they can't use my own card against me.

2. Since my deck focuses on using Normal Monsters with their support, Order to Charge and Creature Seizure ARE better cards in my deck than Creature Swap and Nobleman/Smashing Ground; I HAVE tried using Creature Swap in this deck, but I didn't have the kind of success with it that I did with Creature Seizure, believe it or not. The fact that Creature Seizure forces me to use a Normal Monster with it fits in well with the strategy of this deck (moreso than Creature Swap, since I don't have to worry about having to sacrifice any of my big hitters), and - since all of my normal monsters are weak, I can set the opponent up for a big hit.

3. The other main strategy is pumping up my monsters while weakening my opponent's; you don't see those two Burden of the Mighties in my deck? Just one of them and one Big March of Animals is enough to kill any Monarch out there. If I can get my roommate on here, he'll tell you just how much trouble he's had with this deck, and verify everything that I'm saying, here.

4. The side deck are for cards that I might need to add in if my deck's having problems. Thus far, I haven't had that happen, but that's why they're there; I have another Justi-Break just in case the first one fizzles out, the Common Charities in case the Coach Goblins (which are there for more draw support) and Heart of the Underdogs don't cut it, etc. Believe me, if I need to use them, I will; I wouldn't have put them in my side deck if I didn't anticipate having to use them, sometime.

5. Amazoness Tiger fits the tiger theme, and it counts itself for its effect, so I can summon it out without worry of having it killed by King Tiger Wanghu.

Just to put things in perspective for you, for the longest time I tried making this deck into a direct-attack swarm using the Normal Monsters with Delta Attacker, but it was way too slow and unreliable for me to do anything with the strategy. This strategy flows well and is actually useful. If I have to duel and beat a Dark Armed Synchro deck just to prove how good this deck is, I will, but don't you dare condemn it as toilet paper simply because it doesn't fit into your elitist sensibilities.

It's actually nothing much you can't figure out; he runs a pure Gladiator Beast deck, so - taking the ban list into account - take all of the Gladiator Beast cards and support (other than Test Ape, Octavius, Torax, Trojan Gladiator Beast, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast), and build a deck with it (keeping most cards at 2 or 3 other than Bestiarii, Retiarii, Murmillo, and Samnite, since he only has one of those), and there you go. Before I built my tiger deck to how it is, now, I had a huge problem beating him with ANY deck I used; now, only Heraklinos determines whether or not I beat him. If I can get out Wall of Revealing Light, Burden of the Mighty, and/or Royal Oppression before he can get Heraklinos out, I usually win; if I can't, Heraklinos tends to kick my ass (since my spells and traps are the heart and soul of this deck, and he can kill those really easily with Heraklinos). Yes, he DOES use Gyzarus, and loves to spam the Gyzarus-to-Heraklinos combo, but Gyzarus isn't the problem; he can only destroy cards, not negate them, and I always have a backup for when he destroys my current line of defense, whereas Heraklinos actually negates most of my support, killing the strategy and forcing me to forfeit.

Like I said, I don't go to tournaments, and I have no delusions of it beating a Dark Armed Synchro build (I would love to see how it fares against one, though, but considering how overpowered that deck build is, I fully expect to get my ass kicked with it), but I HAVE tested the deck in real-world conditions, against not only my roommate's GB deck but several others (including other decks that I've created), and I know for a fact that it's a viable strategy that I can usually pull off consistently. If you doubt me, I've got YVD; just let me know when you're available for a duel, and I'll see about accommodating you.

It's actually nothing much you can't figure out; he runs a pure Gladiator Beast deck' date=' so - taking the ban list into account - take all of the Gladiator Beast cards and support (other than Test Ape, Octavius, Torax, Trojan Gladiator Beast, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast), and build a deck with it (keeping most cards at 2 or 3 other than Bestiarii, Retiarii, Murmillo, and Samnite, since he only has one of those), and there you go. Before I built my tiger deck to how it is, now, I had a huge problem beating him with ANY deck I used; now, only Heraklinos determines whether or not I beat him. If I can get out Wall of Revealing Light, Burden of the Mighty, and/or Royal Oppression before he can get Heraklinos out, I usually win; if I can't, Heraklinos tends to kick my ass (since my spells and traps are the heart and soul of this deck, and he can kill those really easily with Heraklinos). Yes, he DOES use Gyzarus, and loves to spam the Gyzarus-to-Heraklinos combo, but Gyzarus isn't the problem; he can only destroy cards, not negate them, and I always have a backup for when he destroys my current line of defense, whereas Heraklinos actually negates most of my support, killing the strategy and forcing me to forfeit.

Like I said, I don't go to tournaments, and I have no delusions of it beating a Dark Armed Synchro build (I would love to see how it fares against one, though, but considering how overpowered that deck build is, I fully expect to get my ass kicked with it), but I HAVE tested the deck in real-world conditions, against not only my roommate's GB deck but several others (including other decks that I've created), and I know for a fact that it's a viable strategy that I can usually pull off consistently. If you doubt me, I've got YVD; just let me know when you're available for a duel, and I'll see about accommodating you.

[/quote']

Your friend runs Torax, Octavious, and Test Ape? He must be horrible.

I'm a big fan of originality. It's also a personal preference of mine to run Snipe Hunter in pretty much every Deck.

There's no reason not to run Synchros.

I've made many Normal Monsters Decks that are original, like my Vanilla Virus Deck, and a lot of others, but you're doing it wrong.

No, he does NOT run those three cards. Read what I said: take all the Gladiator Beast cards and support OTHER THAN Test Ape, Octavius, Torax, Trojan Gladiator Beast, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast.

And no, I am NOT doing ANYTHING wrong; there is no "right" or "wrong" way to build a deck, unless you're just slapping together random cards with no focus or strategy behind them. This deck HAS a strategy and a focus. Thing is, this is such a unique and creative deck, and you guys have been spoonfed all of the elitist Dark Armed Synchro deck-building crap for so long, you don't know what the hell to make of it. I wouldn't be as confident in this deck as I am if I didn't know for certain that it works, and as I said several times before, I HAVE tested it several times in real-world duels, so I DO know the deck is viable. Again, if you doubt my word, then let's duel on YVD, and I'll show you.

And I already told you, he plays a pure Gladiator Beast deck, so other than the cards I excluded, take all of the Gladiator Beast cards out there, build a pure deck out of it, and there you go; that's his deck. But let me guess: you want to know card for card what he plays, so you can put him under the same stupid scrutiny that you're giving me, probably so you can rip his deck apart, say he's just as stupid of a duelist as I am, and further degrade my deck for playing against an "inferior" duelist, right? What's the point? It's pretty sad if you don't have the imagination to get an idea of what deck he runs when I told you he runs a PURE GB deck, eh? What other cards would he have in it?

No' date=' he does NOT run those three cards. Read what I said: take all the Gladiator Beast cards and support OTHER THAN Test Ape, Octavius, Torax, Trojan Gladiator Beast, and Indomitable Gladiator Beast.

And no, I am NOT doing ANYTHING wrong; there is no "right" or "wrong" way to build a deck, unless you're just slapping together random cards with no focus or strategy behind them. This deck HAS a strategy and a focus. Thing is, this is such a unique and creative deck, and you guys have been spoonfed all of the elitist Dark Armed Synchro deck-building crap for so long, you don't know what the hell to make of it. I wouldn't be as confident in this deck as I am if I didn't know for certain that it works, and as I said several times before, I HAVE tested it several times in real-world duels, so I DO know the deck is viable. Again, if you doubt my word, then let's duel on YVD, and I'll show you.

[/quote']

First off, as I said before, TeleDAD is dead due the changes on the March 1st List. It became hideously slow.

Second, it's obvious you still haven't lurked enough on the forums. I am currently seeing Spellcasters, Batteryman, Six Samurai's and a Hopeless Dragon deck on the first page right now.

Third, money doesn't support skill. Usually, people are forgetting that because the have acces to powerfull cards, doesn't mean that a person has the skill for it. Yes, even TeleDAD that existed before the March list actually took skill to be build and run properly.

Fourth, and I repeat from my last comment, as long Monster Reborn and Brain Control exists, you can always steal your opponent's Tuner monsters and use it with a monster you control. You have even more acces to this, since you have Symbols of Duty. Also, the Synchro monsters in the Starter Deck aren't that expensive. Sure, they aren't good, but you can still use those Synchro monsters to gain a huge advange.

Fifth, because you make a deck that has focus and structure to it, doesn't mean it's good. This is usually because of the horrible card choices that people make while building a deck and think it's good, because it supports a type/archtype. A perfect example would be the E-heroes. They have a crapload of sheet cards that "support" this achtype, but are outclassed by so many other cards, that they aren't even worth running.

And now I'm on the subject, why do you rather choose The Big March of Animals while Shrink exists?

Sixth, since when do Smasing Ground/Fissure/Nobleman require to give up 2-cards, just to give 1 monster destruction? Order to Charge makes you lose more card advange than Smasing Ground/Fissure/Nobleman does.

And Seventh and last, it seems you see us as all a bunch of "elitist Dark Armed Synchro deck-building crap" people, while it's bloody obvious that we are trying to create as much orginal deck as possible and actually make it look good and even support it. Now, I would kindly like to guide you to the exit, because we don't need a person who thinks just because we don't like his/her deck, that person automaticly thinks we are a bunch of fat rich kids that build TeleDAD decks.

That would mean your friend runs Spartacus and the Gladiator Beast Equip Spells, which is also bad.

I'll duel you on YVD if you'd like.

No, they're not bad. He IS thinking of taking out Spartacus now that he has Samnite, but the equip spells are NOT bad; he's been able to make good use of them during all of our duels.

You see? That's exactly what I'm talking about; he (and I) run a few cards that you don't see in your typical cookie cutter Regionals elitist deck, and you automatically condemn us as stupid, useless duelists because of it. You claim to be a fan of originality, and that you've made several Normal monster variants that any other elitist out there would condemn you for it, yet you're giving us the same arguments about how much OUR decks suck, because you don't like the cards we have in them. How hypocritical is that? I doubt you HAVE made all those decks you say you did, or if you did, you never, EVER played them in a real-life scenario.

I don't even know why I bothered putting up this deck for your biased, unmitigated scrutiny. It's clear there's only one deck you will ever compare it to: Dark Armed Synchro, and if it doesn't match up to that deck - a pretty impossibly lofty standard, there - you think it's crap. Pathetic.

No' date=' they're not bad. He IS thinking of taking out Spartacus now that he has Samnite, but the equip spells are NOT bad; he's been able to make good use of them during all of our duels.

You see? That's exactly what I'm talking about; he (and I) run a few cards that you don't see in your typical cookie cutter Regionals elitist deck, and you automatically condemn us as stupid, useless duelists because of it. You claim to be a fan of originality, and that you've made several Normal monster variants that any other elitist out there would condemn you for it, yet you're giving us the same arguments about how much OUR decks suck, because you don't like the cards we have in them. How hypocritical is that? I doubt you HAVE made all those decks you say you did, or if you did, you never, EVER played them in a real-life scenario.

I don't even know why I bothered putting up this deck for your biased, unmitigated scrutiny. It's clear there's only one deck you will ever compare it to: Dark Armed Synchro, and if it doesn't match up to that deck - a pretty impossibly lofty standard, there - you think it's crap. Pathetic.

[/quote']

1. I rarely ever play in real life. I don't have the money, nor the time.

2. I strongly dislike Dark Armed Dragon Decks and I have told more than one person that I think they are boring.

3. Dark Armed Synchro is a horrible Deck now.

4. The Normal Monster Decks I've made are far superior to yours. Why? Because I actually use good cards when I make them.

14|Monsters

3|Summoned Skull

3|Cosmo Queen

3|Tri-Horned Dragon

3|Mechanical Snail

1|Sangan

1|Snipe Hunter

16|Spells

1|Monster Reborn

1|Premature Burial

3|Silent Doom

3|Swing of Memories

1|Heavy Storm

3|Card of Safe Return

2|Allure of Darkness

2|Trade-In

15|Traps

1|Crush Card Virus

3|Deck Devastation Virus

3|Eradicator Epidemic Virus

3|Birthright

3|Limit Reverse

1|Mirror Force

1|Torrential Tribute

That would have to be modified for the new format, but that's one of the Normal Monster Deck Lists I've made.

lolCasual

tl;dr any of your posts.

Point is, this deck is bad, deal with it, we run original decks here.

My friend built a normal monster deck in 5 minutes with spare cards, and it is so much better than this, and he did horrible at locals, 1-3.

There's nothing wrong with running a good deck in casual play. Also, Jack Witt Clause applies here.

No' date=' they're not bad. He IS thinking of taking out Spartacus now that he has Samnite, but the equip spells are NOT bad; he's been able to make good use of them during all of our duels.

[/quote']

Either:

A. Troll harder

or

B. Actually read the comments properly.

Okay' date=' TC's friend runs sh!t glads.

This topic is now about Pluto and how it effects you.

[/quote']

Pluto is out of this world.

Archived