Godwin is the 5th signer (the dubbed spoiled it)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your point is? sso what if he is the fifth signer. It surprized me. the 3rd or 4th episode Ive seen of yugioh 5D's and its already got me interested. finding out that he was the fifth sent a chill down my spine. and when I get tat, it makes me interested in something for good unless its getting boring to a point that I just say "heck with it, I'll read my mom's romance books" when that happends then I'm really bored or the stuff on tv is stupid.

He isn't the fifth signer. I think it's ep 43 that say he isn't. (He doesn't say that word for word' date=' but based on what he says, you can assume as much).

[/quote']

he told that so yusei and his signer crew so that they don't get all up in he grill about being a signer.

also how can a official dubbing be wrong when ur working with the ppl who f****ing who made the anime? *facepalm your life*

Dub is knowing for BSing. Also 4Kids don't watch what they dub, so they could just be making it up like always.

Rex wasn't even that much in 43 if I remember, he spoke more about Yusei's father than the 5th Signer. 42 all he said was the 5th had awoken and would be there when they needed it.

He isn't the fifth signer. I think it's ep 43 that say he isn't. (He doesn't say that word for word' date=' but based on what he says, you can assume as much).

[/quote']

he told that so yusei and his signer crew so that they don't get all up in he grill about being a signer.

also how can a official dubbing be wrong when ur working with the ppl who f****ing who made the anime? *facepalm your life*

Simple, it's 4Kids. Look at what they did to One Piece.

Dub is knowing for BSing. Also 4Kids don't watch what they dub' date=' so they could just be making it up like always.

Rex wasn't even that much in 43 if I remember, he spoke more about Yusei's father than the 5th Signer. 42 all he said was the 5th had awoken and would be there when they needed it.

[/quote']

It was 42. I knew it was around their, but was to lazy to look.

It is that fact that makes me think he isn't the 5th signer since he should have just told them he was the 5th right then and their.

If he is the 5th and knows it he's playing a very cruel game in letting the other Signers suffer in the Jaws of the Dark Signers. Look how bad its got for the others, infact Ruka is the only one who hasn't suffered at the hands of them so far (which may change in the next few eps)

4Kids wouldn't know if he was or wasn't. They brought 5Ds before it started last April (they had its Rites about 1 year) so why would they know what is actually going on several episodes ahead of where they really are? We already know they're awful with bothering to check out what they're buying. Answer: Trusting 4Kids is liking trusting Wiki for episode previews, a stupid thing to do. (No offense meant to when Wiki is actually right about them).

Father Wolf, 4Kids are known for adding, cutting and modifying the script so I'd never believe a word they say and argue it against what the Raw says, because the raw is the unedited version, and cannot lie. ('cept with artwork errors and occasionally silly moments like the 100 point error in GX139)

If he is the 5th and knows it he's playing a very cruel game in letting the other Signers suffer in the Jaws of the Dark Signers. Look how bad its got for the others' date=' infact Ruka is the only one who hasn't suffered at the hands of them so far (which may change in the next few eps)

4Kids wouldn't know if he was or wasn't. They brought 5Ds before it started last April (they had its Rites about 1 year) so why would they know what is actually going on several episodes ahead of where they really are? We already know they're awful with bothering to check out what they're buying. Answer: Trusting 4Kids is liking trusting Wiki for episode previews, a stupid thing to do. (No offense meant to when Wiki is actually right about them).

Father Wolf, 4Kids are known for adding, cutting and modifying the script so I'd never believe a word they say and argue it against what the Raw says, because the raw is the unedited version, and cannot lie. ('cept with artwork errors and occasionally silly moments like the 100 point error in GX139)

[/quote']

that's what 4kids has to do to get the shiz on the CWB (or what ever its called) the modify the animo so its kid friendly. Example: Die = Shadow realm. Yubel in love with Jaden = Yubel want Jaden to play a game with her. Yubel is a guy/girl = yubel is just a girl.

And stuff like that, but i don't ever think that they would just added something like Godwin is the 5th signer, because 4kids says so where in the really Raw it's Bomber (lol).

Plus they get a set (for example: they probably have all of season 1 and 2 for the moment) of episodes so they can do the dubbing up till they need the next season. They don't take 1 episode a week, dub it and throw it on the table then they air it. It take months and months of paper work, Copyrights, 1st edit, 2nd edit, and final edit, dubbing, 2nd and final of the dubbing, edit it in, cut what is not kid friendly, edit some more, get it approved, make finishing touches, more paper work, final approval, then finally airing it. And that is for every episode. So they would have to have at least 1 whole season at a time to do all that of starting.

i have yet to see the Dubbed throw a huge piece of the story in just for shits and giggles.

And of course Godwin is playing a cruel game with the signers because that's how he rolls 8)

1) They just slide the age group down, its not as if 5Ds aires late in Japan (infact its 6pm). I've heard YGO be accused of Witchcraft before.

2) 4Kids would add things. I'm still lost why they decided to do a near impossible age for DM (5000 was way too early in the real Egyptian Reign, which is why 3000 fit better). And hack up I mean they are bringing a 24 minute episode down to around 17. (It was 17 back when I used to be a dubbie)

3) The Dub has invented episodes, infact they invented 13 Episodes, commonly known as Capsule Monsters. Japan never aired the episodes. Also POL was out by 4Kids and out on DVD before Japan even got it out at the cinema. So its not like 4Kids haven't made stuff up.

4) So he's willing to make the Signers suffer alot? I mean everyone can see Yusei is in alot of pain and JACK is just hiding it all. Someone needs to be strong....

If I remember correctly, the dub of GX said that Martin was Napoleon's son long before the original version did, so it is possible for 4Kids to decide to spoil a plot point well in advance like that.

It's a fact that Godwin was at the stadium when the other four were when the Crimson Dragon appeared, as well as Godwin stating that the 5th had already awokened, and this was when I was still watching the Dub, point being is something will happen. Either he's the 5th or he knows the 5th.

EDIT: Nevermind if it was in the 40s then it was the sub not dub, x.x

If I remember correctly' date=' the dub of GX said that Martin was Napoleon's son long before the original version did, so it is possible for 4Kids to decide to spoil a plot point well in advance like that.

[/quote']

Proof please.

The dub reveals it in GX121, if my numbers are correct. The sub hints that they know each other, but doesn't state their relationship until the late 120's.

Granted, that's a much smaller gap than we're talking about here, but it still exists.

I would love to see how 4kids can weasel their way out if Goodwin is not the last Signer.

Oh, that's easy. Just say that he was an egotistical maniac who thought he was a Signer, the same way Edo/Aster thought he was The Hero / The Ace / Batman when he was really just The Rival. Or say that he was tricked by vague dark powers. Or say that he was lying. There are plenty of explanations, really.

Archived