March 09 Toolbox Needs Shrinkage EDITED

Warcow

Okay so this is my Toolbox Synchro as it stands today. It has 50 cards in it right now and I would like to cut about 4 cards just to improve flow but it has functioned really well so far with these ratios so far.

(win ratio : Loss ratio)

1:1 Lightsworn (20 games)

1:2 Tele Dad (10 games)

1:1 Glad beasts (5 games)

The above ratios for tele dad and glad beast were one person's build so take them with a grain of salt. The lightsworn were 4 different people so I'm fairly confident with those numbers. I am really open to criticism and am open to new ideas for this deck which has been fairly competitive prior to the rota loss (winning 3 times at locals).

[/b]

I really need help constructing a side deck. I am not sure how to work one to it's full advantage.

EDIT: Went to card shop and consulted the head player there and here is the deck as of now and to answer your question yes this is a IRL deck I don't build decks and then go out and find the cards in them I build the deck and gradually improve them. I apologize for the previous formatting of the list I use deck studio to catalog my decks

Count: 40

Monsters: 19

Tribute:

Cyber Dragon

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Non-Tribute:

Amazoness Swords Woman

Breaker the Magical Warrior

Command Knight

Comrade Swordsman of Landstar

D.D. Crow

D.D. Warrior Lady

Don Zaloog

Exiled Force

Field-Commander Rahz X2

Jutte Fighter

Marauding Captain X2

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke

Rose, Warrior of Revenge

Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

Spells: 17

Brain Control

Double Summon

Enemy Controller X2

Heavy Storm

Lightning Vortex

Monster Reborn

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Avarice

Reinforcement of the Army

Scapegoat

Shrink X2

Smashing Ground

The A. Forces X2

The Warrior Returning Alive

Traps: 4

Bottomless Trap Hole

Magic Cylinder

Mirror Force

Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck: 14

Stardust Dragon x3

Red Dragon Archfiend

Colossal Fighter

Avenging Knight Parshath

Black Rose Dragon

Psychic Lifetrancer

Goyo Guardian

Iron Chain Dragon x2

Magical Android x2

Armory Arm

This deck so far has suffered 1 loss as it stands (out of 10 duels) against monarch control.

Okay so this is my Toolbox Synchro as it stands today. It has 50 cards in it right now and I would like to cut about 4 cards

I stopped reading and caring right there.

If the deck is at 50 cards, you should be wanting to cut at least 8-9 of them, 10 if it is possible.

I generally run a little over 40 for flex ability. The reason I want to cut about 4 cards is because that's what I can see it running well without. I know that it's not a great idea to run much more than 40 but I can't shrink it that much with what I can see.

I generally run a little over 40 for flex ability. The reason I want to cut about 4 cards is because that's what I can see it running well without. I know that it's not a great idea to run much more than 40 but I can't shrink it that much with what I can see.

That is a common newbie mistake, the farther over 40 cards a deck goes , the more inconsistent it gets. You can always get a deck to at least 42 cards.

I understand that the larger a deck gets the less consistent it gets. I have been playing this game since it's inception. I know how to play. Flexibility is one of 2 reasons to run over 40. The other is to run straight stall. I know what I'm doing. I understand that the deck needs to get smaller that's why I'm asking for help I don't believe that cutting out 10 cards is the answer. 40 cards is not always the best size balance. It's a good balance for most but not always the best. You also have to take into account the play style of the deck, the player's style, and several other factors.

That being said do you have anything else to say other than cut 10 cards? Because you aren't giving me any information I don't already know. This deck is fairly constant already with its current size. It needs improvement which is why I am coming to get a fresh pair of eyes to look at it but just telling me to cut 10 cards does no good for anyone.

How about this build?

It focuses primarily on synchro summoning using the warrior tuners which are easily searched out by ROTA and Rahz and can be combined with swarming to attain this quickly. This build sacrifices the A. Forces and any other back up plan the other deck had for a smaller deck. Will probably fall flat on it's face against lightsworn who now have their Honest back since all I have to work with are base attack bonuses with the exception of a command knight and a comrade swordsman. Goblins added to allow for a beat stick to replace the other support. Has no recursion without the other Warrior returning alive.

Count: 42

Monsters: 21

Tribute:

Cyber Dragon

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Non-Tribute:

Command Knight

D.D. Warrior Lady

Exiled Force

Exiled Force

Field-Commander Rahz

Field-Commander Rahz

Goblin Attack Force

Jutte Fighter

Jutte Fighter

Marauding Captain

Marauding Captain

Marauding Captain

Obnoxious Celtic Guard

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke

Rose, Warrior of Revenge

Sangan

Spells: 15

Brain Control

Enemy Controller

Enemy Controller

Heavy Storm

Lightning Vortex

Magical Mallet

Monster Reborn

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Avarice

Scapegoat

Shrink

Shrink

Smashing Ground

Traps: 6

Bottomless Trap Hole

Magic Cylinder

Mirror Force

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Torrential Tribute

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Red Dragon Archfiend

Colossal Fighter

Avenging Knight Parshath

Black Rose Dragon

Psychic Lifetrancer

Goyo Guardian

Iron Chain Dragon

Iron Chain Dragon

Magical Android

Magical Android

Armory Arm

How about this build?

It focuses primarily on synchro summoning using the warrior tuners which are easily searched out by ROTA and Rahz and can be combined with swarming to attain this quickly. This build sacrifices the A. Forces and any other back up plan the other deck had for a smaller deck. Will probably fall flat on it's face against lightsworn who now have their Honest back since all I have to work with are base attack bonuses with the exception of a command knight and a comrade swordsman. Goblins added to allow for a beat stick to replace the other support. Has no recursion without the other Warrior returning alive.

Count: 42

Monsters: 21

Tribute:

Cyber Dragon

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Non-Tribute:

Command Knight

D.D. Warrior Lady

Exiled Force

Exiled Force

Field-Commander Rahz

Field-Commander Rahz

Goblin Attack Force

Jutte Fighter

Jutte Fighter

Marauding Captain

Marauding Captain

Marauding Captain

Obnoxious Celtic Guard

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke

Rose' date=' Warrior of Revenge

Sangan

Spells: 15

Brain Control

Enemy Controller

Enemy Controller

Heavy Storm

Lightning Vortex

Magical Mallet

Monster Reborn

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Avarice

Scapegoat

Shrink

Shrink

Smashing Ground

Traps: 6

Bottomless Trap Hole

Magic Cylinder

Mirror Force

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Torrential Tribute

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Red Dragon Archfiend

Colossal Fighter

Avenging Knight Parshath

Black Rose Dragon

Psychic Lifetrancer

Goyo Guardian

Iron Chain Dragon

Iron Chain Dragon

Magical Android

Magical Android

Armory Arm

[/quote']

That's not cutting it either. Are you building IRL?

Obviously I was wrong to come here. None of you have any REAL advice. You all get stumped eaisily and assume that if someone isn't playing your way that they are therefore wrong. Just telling someone to scrap a working deck isn't helping anyone.

Learn how to build a deck and how to analize one before you go out and say that someone should just start over.

No-one wants to build your deck for you.

Deck making tip: Run multiples of cards to make the deck more consistent and keep it to 40 cards.

I'm not asking anyone to build my deck for me. I'm just aggravated when people just tell people to restart on a build when they already have a working build which they would like tweeked. This deck is already running fairly consitantly. I came here asking for tweeks.

Deck making tip: Run multiples of cards to make the deck more consistent and keep it to 40 cards.

I'm not asking anyone to build my deck for me. I'm just aggravated when people just tell people to restart on a build when they already have a working build which they would like tweeked. This deck is already running fairly consitantly. I came here asking for tweeks.

Have you tried using cards that let you draw or picking an attribute and using searcher card like Mystic Tomato? If you want to keep your deck solid warriors run a Destiny Hero draw engine. Also Immortal Bushi like pure warrior builds.

I am planning on running a destiny draw engine later after I get a hold of a couple malicious, a plasma, and a couple destiny draw.

I like the standard toolbox myself for this type of bulid. I don't have quite enough dark or earth warriors I'd wan to tomato or rat and leave open. I find that tomato and rat boxes tend to run into key card destruction to often because everything is left open. Thanks for the ideas though.

Have you tried using cards that let you draw or picking an attribute and using searcher card like Mystic Tomato? If you want to keep your deck solid warriors run a Destiny Hero draw engine. Also Immortal Bushi like pure warrior builds.

Good thing D-Draws are 10-cent commons. >>

-dasher

-Swords women

-comrade of landstar

-rose warrior

-jutte

-2 field commander rantz

-Magical Mallet

-command Kinght

-pot of avarice

-Warrior lady

-Don Zaloog

-Double Summon

-2 A forces

-Warrior Returning Alive

+3 Krebons

+2 Psychic Commander

+2 Allure

+2 Caius

+2 Malicious

+2 Destiny Draw

+1 Destiny Doom Lord

+1 Plasma

+ PlagueSpreader

This is alot more consistent destiny engine which allows you to cycle through your deck, dump malicious then krebons for a synchro

Obviously I was wrong to come here. None of you have any REAL advice. You all get stumped eaisily and assume that if someone isn't playing your way that they are therefore wrong. Just telling someone to scrap a working deck isn't helping anyone.

Learn how to build a deck and how to analize one before you go out and say that someone should just start over.

lern2pro

Good thing D-Draws are 10-cent commons. >>

I never said that they were. I was just gave a couple ways to improve the deck with out knowing what he had. that is also why i suggested searchers.

Archived