Anime Recommendation Thread

I know a excellent place for Anime to watch if that's helpful. It isn't Piracy either. I never was a part of the Anime section so not sure what to add to be honest.

Ah, as long as their on an external source then that's fine. ^^;

Surprisingly so many series of Anime are left on YouTube even with Google's meddling, so I can post a few from YouTube. :P

ShriekV is a great Youtube source for 5Ds eps. Although thanks to YT I don't know how much of the series he has in Raw and Sub.

Nebstv is a great non-youtube source covering a few animes with their own archive, and you can download some of their eps at LQ. (But hey who cares)

I would suggest a topic for each series of YGO, but atm it doesn't seem that there's a massive amount of demand outside of which is better topics for that.

I'll look into Nebstv, thanks.

I've got a load of sources for Dubs, and thankfully a few for Subs too.

I've got every episode of the following Dubs:

Pokémon

Yugioh

Yugioh GX

Yugioh 5D's

Beyblade

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Familiar of Zero (Season 1)

... and probably more if I look. I'll post the thread when I get back from work; thanks. :)

Well currently I have

5Ds - Raws HQ

GX - Raws HQ

DM - Raws/Sub (DVD)

YGO - Raws LQ (HQ 1-24, I lost the 25-27 disc)

Death Note - Sub and Raw

Wolf's Rain - Sub

Nightwalker - Dub.

We've got a lot of series (not really in the scale of things), although I doubt YCM would ever so a download service.

I used to use Nebs when GX hit a big snag with HQ eps, basically between 162-175 HQ eps were impossible to get.

Well currently I have

5Ds - Raws HQ

GX - Raws HQ

DM - Raws/Sub (DVD)

YGO - Raws LQ (HQ 1-24' date=' I lost the 25-27 disc)

Death Note - Sub and Raw

Wolf's Rain - Sub

Nightwalker - Dub.

We've got a lot of series (not really in the scale of things), although I doubt YCM would ever so a download service.

I used to use Nebs when GX hit a big snag with HQ eps, basically between 162-175 HQ eps were impossible to get.

[/quote']

I've got all the Subs downloaded on my Laptop (YGO, included GX and 5D's), but I haven't uploaded them anywhere. (yeah, I downloaded them off yugiohfans)

When I posted the thread, you could reserve second post and post what you have too? Would make sense, it would be like an index of episodes that you could watch.

• 2 months later...

I suggest for the description of the section to be changed so that people will know you can discuss all kinds of Anime here.

Dammit, Roxy, you got to my idea first. DX

Anyways, it should be moved to Multimedia, and changed to Anime/Manga, since enough people discuss mange here too.

• 1 month later...

The problem with having this under Multimedia is that it will make the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" category (the site's main topic) smaller.

Just keep it how it is.

And, in fact, I'm not too sure that this thread is even needed anymore...

If you have any reasoning to why it is, then do say, otherwise I'll get it locked and un-stickied.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

There used to be a full series of Azumanga Daioh dubs on Veoh, but they all got taken down for some reason. 'Tis a good show, though (not to mention the source of the Capirinha dance), and there are subs everywhere. Recommended, if only for completeness — needless to say, it's rather well-known, so it's better to have an opinion on it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Three more to recommend.

•Saki: It manages to simultaneously parody sports series (like, I don't know, Yu-Gi-Oh!) and yuri (at least as effectively as Strawberry Panic!, but in a more overt way), while standing alone as a decent member of both genres.

•Bakemonogatari: It's quite random... that's all I'll say. Also, see below for some interesting similarities...

•Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: It's a much different sense of humor than most other shows. You also have to watch this one for completeness (I'M IN DESPAIR!).

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for an anime for my friend~

- He said he might be able to handle subs, but would prefer subs by alot.

- He enjoyed Death Note, and Code Geass.

- As far as TV Shows go, he likes Doctor Who, Torchwood and Merlin.

- He likes loads of films, but his favourite is V for Vendetta. I know he likes films starring Jackie Chan, and the Harry Potter films, too.

Any ideas?

Looking for an anime for my friend~

- He said he might be able to handle subs' date=' but would prefer subs by alot.

- He enjoyed Death Note, and Code Geass.

- As far as TV Shows go, he likes Doctor Who, Torchwood and Merlin.

- He likes loads of films, but his favourite is V for Vendetta. I know he likes films starring Jackie Chan, and the Harry Potter films, too.

Any ideas?

[/quote']

when you say Jackie Chan do you mean action or comedy? Anyways

if he's a fan of the deduction skills of Death Note and the clever thinking(lol) of Code Geass than I recommend.

Cased Closed/Detective Conan(has dub)

Ghost in the Shell

For in general, I'm going with action/story that pulls in alot of people.(and based on the movies)

Cowboy Beebop

Gurren Lagann(if your friend loves awe inspiring words, mechas, over the top action, and scenes that will evoke every possible emotions. This is a must)

Blood+

Tokyo Majin (pretty cool but leave it as a last resort anime)

Full Metal Alchemist

Cyborg 009

Desert Punk (this is completely unrelated to all your choices but is a great laugh)

One Piece (funimation dub only please)

Zoids (more mecha)

not going to name any subbed animes but one which I truly recommend(because it's the two most recent things I finished completely)

Ga-rei Zero

Kara no Kyoukai

Archived