Anti Meta help

I need some help. I've been doing horrible in tournaments recently. The deck I have been using is Anti Meta, and I gave that to Genzo for the next weekend because he says that he can use it better than me, and I wanted to see if that's actually true or not. So, can anyone offer some helpful suggestions on what could be done to improve my current making-it-to-the-top-8-but-losing record? By help I mean some helpful suggestions of cards that are good in an Anti Meta deck(besides the obvious stuff like Burden, Solemn, Rai Oh, Kycoo, or Shrink), and some tips on how to conserve hand advantage with my deck. It seems to be losing hand advantage at a regular rate, and I have to lose hand advantage to have a field advantage, putting me at a disadvantage if my opponent wipes my field clean(which happens a lot). Here's the deck:

Monsters:18

3xRai Oh

3xKycoo

3xKing Tiger

2xDrillroid

3xBanisher

1xBreaker

2xLJM

1xM Jar

Spells:10

3xBurden

3xShrink

3xBoM

1xB Con

Traps:12

3xRO

3xSolemn

3xBribe

2xWrath

1xForce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple. There is hardly any win condition, add maybe like something that can actually beat your opponent instead of just negating eveything they do, maybe like a monarch or 2.

FIRST PERSON WHO AMITS THEY DON'T ALWAYS GET 1ST POSITION IN LOCALS!

Feel free to ignore my advice if you want but, I think you should make a new deck. You don't have enough monsters. Try to at least have maybe around 20 monsters, it gives you a better chance to build a better defence, so you don't get murdered to much.

Like I said, you can feel free to ignore my advice if you want. I don't really care.

(just trying to help)

Feel free to ignore my advice if you want but' date=' I think you should make a new deck. You don't have enough monsters. Try to at least have maybe around 20 monsters, it gives you a better chance to build a better defence, so you don't get murdered to much.

Like I said, you can feel free to ignore my advice if you want. I don't really care.

(just trying to help)

[/quote']

Amount of monsters makes no difference.

Feel free to ignore my advice if you want but' date=' I think you should make a new deck. You don't have enough monsters. Try to at least have maybe around 20 monsters, it gives you a better chance to build a better defence, so you don't get murdered to much.

(just trying to help)

[/quote']

Always try to keep under 20 + can be stupid.

4 words...

burden of the mighty

my friend runs a level 4 beatdown...no matter what we pull,

-->GBs

-->counter fairies

-->battery men

-->plants(especially plants)

-->lightsworns

he owns us all

GOBLINS, SKILL DRAIN, Rai-oh, dark bribes, marauding captain, other level 4s...

this is the ultimate anti-meta, no deck can 2:0 this guy...period

4 words...

burden of the mighty

my friend runs a level 4 beatdown...no matter what we pull' date='

-->GBs

-->counter fairies

-->battery men

-->lightsworns

he owns us all

[/quote']The 4 words are actually 1 (see Burden in the Spell section). And how does your friend negate Special Summons with that kind of deck?

4 words...

burden of the mighty

my friend runs a level 4 beatdown...no matter what we pull' date='

-->GBs

-->counter fairies

-->battery men

-->lightsworns

he owns us all

[/quote']The 4 words are actually 1 (see Burden in the Spell section). And how does your friend negate Special Summons with that kind of deck?

he sides oppression... i just could not think of it off the top of my head

i will try to find out his exact formular tomorro

what usually wipes your field, lets start from there

you need bottomless trap holes

that screws over DaD, bestiari, Chaos Sorcerer, and other key cards

if you play it right, then you don't really need a hand advantage because they won't have one either

mabey throw in a macro or 2 ...

take out the banishers

put in goblins

lol, dad.

your balance is screwed up. thats why you end up with so little hand advantage.

the lack of a draw engine of any sort already puts you to a bit of an obnoxious point, but add that to the sheer number of mts here, and its a bit irksome to try and draw some field support.

you have 25 mts and 15 monsters. in a vastly generalized deck, it should be about 20-20 monsters-mts.

this is, of course, generalized, but if you want to maintain a field presence, i recommend upping the monster count.

drop bribes and d prison for 2 primes, 2 caius, and a third pwwb.

i actually hesitate to include 4 tributes in a deck that has no special means of keeping tribute fodder on the field, so you might want to drop that to two, prime or caius, and use the other two spaces on something constructive.

ive always had a penchant for jowgen, but thats just because i like the idea of dropping one to potentially blow up a field. best of luck.

lol' date=' dad.

your balance is screwed up. thats why you end up with so little hand advantage.

the lack of a draw engine of any sort already puts you to a bit of an obnoxious point, but add that to the sheer number of mts here, and its a bit irksome to try and draw some field support.

you have 25 mts and 15 monsters. in a vastly generalized deck, it should be about 20-20 monsters-mts.

this is, of course, generalized, but if you want to maintain a field presence, i recommend upping the monster count.

drop bribes and d prison for 2 primes, 2 caius, and a third pwwb.

i actually hesitate to include 4 tributes in a deck that has no special means of keeping tribute fodder on the field, so you might want to drop that to two, prime or caius, and use the other two spaces on something constructive.

ive always had a penchant for jowgen, but thats just because i like the idea of dropping one to potentially blow up a field. best of luck.

[/quote']

Quadriple posting! Holy Sh!t!

Archived