Do you play your own creative deck?

Deity Mitsu

which one do you like  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which one do you like

• dog
    • cat
    • other

It has come to my attention that the game of Yu-Gi-Oh TCG is becoming more and more fixed. "Staples" as we call them,are great cards for sure, but their also cards you automatically expect to see in someones deck. My main question is: Do you have your own unique deck,that doesn't depend on all the staples and recommended cards people give to you online or even in person? I mean really,when your in a duel, it all comes down to the luck of the draw anyways. I play with a couple of these so called "must-have" cards,but no more then 2. If the card creators make a whole bunch of "staples" then what will the game become?Everyone will be using almost the same decks,and you'll be able to expect right from the start what cards your opponent will be using. If your only in the game to win, then your playing for the wrong reasons. If your a person that can only have fun when they win, then I suppose fixed decks are good for you, but I believe everyone should have their own unique and creative deck. Play with cards you like, not always the most seemingly powerful. BE INDEPENDENT!:D *Rant completed*

i play a severely unoriginal Monarch/Apprentice Engine deck, though there are some twists that i added in just for personal fun, like Don Zaloog, Lily, Mataza the Zapper, Asura Priest.

I love playing Asura Priest. i once killed 7 monsters in one turn with him. my opponent had face down Masked Dragon, and a face down Troop Dragon. i attacked the troop dragon, attacked the next one, and the next one, then attacked masked dragon, then the next one, and the next one, and then the twin headed behemoth. Killa, son.

i like using creative decks. my decks are about damaging with card effects. my favorite combo in my deck is "dark snake syndrome" and lots of "dark room of nightmares"

EFFECTS:

DR1-EN035-Dark Snake Syndrome

Inflict damage to both players' Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. The first damage begins at 200 points and is doubled during each of your following Standby Phases.

DR1-EN030-Dark Room of Nightmare

Each time damage, except Battle Damage, is inflicted to your opponent's Life Points, inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. This card's effect is not applied to the effect of "Dark Room of Nightmare".

My Final ShowDown focuses on forcing your opponent having a clear field zone ^^

So funny....

Combo's: backflip mosters (Swarm of locusts, Guardian Shinx, Guardian Statue, Golem Sentry and of course my lovely MedusaWorm ^^)

Usually I go first, then activate "Stumbling" or " Vengeful Bog Spirit and then Set a Medusa Worm.

And then I create an irrestible lock.

Straight up gadgets, Smashing, fissure, pot of avarices noblemans torrential mirror force ceasefire call prem brain control.

You get the point xD Though I did play test Mormolith, Failed most of the time, the one time I got it to kill two raizas was cool though, but NOT WORTH IT. Oh well, META > creativity IMO, plus, Im a god shuffler, I can basically make it so that whenever i search a gadget, if the deck is not cut, then I get what i want, and if it is, I still get what I want. (I also count cards in poker xD)

Do you agree that the game is becoming more fixed?

Yeah fer sure, I mean, the ban list allows for more possibilities, but its just impossible to WIn reigonals now without having certain cards decked, and certain types cannot win. Unfortunatly, Pulling the rug allows for variety to become possible, and KILLS GADGETS >.<

I don't think there should be a ban list.I think that if your going to make cards' date=' you might as well allow people to play with them.Otherwise, all they are is collectors items.This would increase the variety in deck types too probably.

[/quote']

The reason that certain card are banned is so that people buy the new products. If everyone ran a chaos deck, who in the right mind would want Crystal seer, card trooper, or Raiza. Plus, there would be no point to release stratedgic cards in the SJC, such as shrink and crush card, as the only desirable cards would be "better" versions of the chaos deck cards (I.e. a stronger yata like card or a CED that does 400 damage per card. you get the point)

The game would LACK stratedgy if the ban list lacked. Frunk, if your going to run paladin, you might as well Run Horus, its stronger, the effect is just a boosted version of paladins, and its Easier to summon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived